Apr 4, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
When Jeff Bzdelik resigned towards the end of March, it was unclear whether his Wake Forest squad would return to the ACC school when athletic director Ron Wellman hired a new coach. Now that Danny Manning has been brought from Tulsa to Winston-Salem, questions have been raised if certain Demon Deacons, like sophomore guard Codi Miller-McIntyre, would indeed be back.
Bret Strelow of the Fayetteville Observer spoke with Miller-McIntyre and asked if he would play under Manning, and the guard confirmed he wasn’t going anywhere, telling Strelow that he couldn’t see any particular reason why he would transfer from Wake Forest.
The 6-foot-3 guard had one of the more underrated sophomore seasons; he significantly increased his assist rate, cut down on his turnovers — 15 percent turnover rate! — and worked hard to attack the basket in the halfcourt, spurning low percentage shots when drawing a foul and getting to the free throw line would prove more advantageous (the guard attempted nearly 100 more free throws than his freshman year). Now under the tutelage of Manning, Miller-McIntyre could be on the cusp of a potential breakout season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)