Apr 4, 2014, 1:19 PM EDT
Jim Boeheim went on Sportscenter on Friday morning and took the time to chat about Tyler Ennis and his recent decision to enter the NBA Draft.
It’s not exactly flattering.
“I think he is a great college player, but I think physically he could have used another year,” Boeheim said. “I think when you get to the NBA, you need to be as physically ready as you can be, so I think Tyler could have benefited from another year, but certainly he is a tremendous player and a very smart point guard.”
“I think point guard is probably the hardest position to break into in the NBA … but he has the skill set to be able to do that … it’s just a question of landing in the right place.”
I get why this will rankle some feathers, but the point needs to be made: there is nothing inaccurate about what Boeheim said.
Ennis does need to get physically stronger before he has a major impact at the NBA level. He probably would have benefitted had he returned for another year. The point guard spot is tough to break into in the NBA.
And while it does seems to be poor form for Boehiem to go on national television and say all of this, you don’t think that the NBA scouts are already fully aware of what Ennis can do and what his limitations are?
Honestly, I don’t have an issue with what Boeheim said. Am I crazy?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)