Apr 4, 2014, 1:19 PM EST
Jim Boeheim went on Sportscenter on Friday morning and took the time to chat about Tyler Ennis and his recent decision to enter the NBA Draft.
It’s not exactly flattering.
“I think he is a great college player, but I think physically he could have used another year,” Boeheim said. “I think when you get to the NBA, you need to be as physically ready as you can be, so I think Tyler could have benefited from another year, but certainly he is a tremendous player and a very smart point guard.”
“I think point guard is probably the hardest position to break into in the NBA … but he has the skill set to be able to do that … it’s just a question of landing in the right place.”
I get why this will rankle some feathers, but the point needs to be made: there is nothing inaccurate about what Boeheim said.
Ennis does need to get physically stronger before he has a major impact at the NBA level. He probably would have benefitted had he returned for another year. The point guard spot is tough to break into in the NBA.
And while it does seems to be poor form for Boehiem to go on national television and say all of this, you don’t think that the NBA scouts are already fully aware of what Ennis can do and what his limitations are?
Honestly, I don’t have an issue with what Boeheim said. Am I crazy?
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)