Apr 4, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Within the past week, it has been announced that both Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown would leave Missouri and enter the NBA draft. Since there hasn’t been an update regarding whether Shane Rector and Wes Clark have been reinstated, coach Frank Haith needed to bolster his backcourt depth, and the program recently received a commitment from Kevin Punter, a guard from State Fair Community College.
According to Brad Winton of Juco Recruiting, Punter is a versatile guard who seems to be peaking at the right time: in his teams two tournament games at the NJCAA, Punter averaged more than 25 points per game and made 68.1 percent of his twos. He didn’t display an accurate touch from long-range, but on the season, Punter’s shooting from beyond the arc was adequate (36 percent), and the guard should account for some of the minutes lost when Brown and Clarkson departed (as well as some of the their scoring).
Along with the additions of Deuce Bello and Cameron Biedscheid, Missouri should have twelve Tigers under scholarship for next season (including Punter), so the natural assumption is that Haith and his staff aren’t finished recruiting for the 2015 season. The team could still use some backcourt depth, and Haith may still land a juco guard, or the staff might strengthen the frontcourt: Johnathan Williams and Ryan Rosburg are the only two returning bigs who used more than 50 percent of Mizzou’s available minutes.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
This is nasty.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The Class of 2007 produced some very good players, including one who’s an NBA MVP and others who have developed into perennial all-stars.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
I’m a big fan of these, particularly the dark grey ones.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Cell phone addiction is a national crisis.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Can anyone guess what that moment is?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
This is something else.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
The Golden Bears should still be alright this season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Dillard becomes Oklahoma State’s fourth addition to the program.
Jul 1, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Next up for the United States is Italy, and they could run into hosts Greece in the semifinals.
Jul 1, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Jones recently received his qualifying score on the SAT, only to inform SDSU that he wanted to be released from his NLI.
Former Illinois women’s basketball players file lawsuit against athletic director, head coach and former assistant
Jul 1, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
AD Mike Thomas stated in May that there would be an investigation into the allegations.
Jul 1, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
KD, Stephen and Russ lead the way, and two of those three weren’t even ranked coming out of high school.
Jul 1, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Cal already has two members of its 2015 class on campus, and they added another to the mix Wednesday.
Jul 1, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
He’s currently teammates with a soon-to-be Oregon Duck. Hmm …
Jul 1, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
That makes three commitments in 24 hours for Cincinnati.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Terrence Samuel was recruited over at UConn.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:24 AM EDT
Kansas is in South Korea repping the USA in the World University Games.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Minnesota head coach Richard Pitino gave his take on the situation surrounding Jarvis Johnson.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)