Apr 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tulsa coach Danny Manning has accepted an offer to become the new head coach for Wake Forest, according to multiple reports.
Manning visited the campus earlier this week after meeting with Athletic Director Ron Wellman in Indianapolis. He had spent the past two seasons as the head coach of Tulsa, who he led to the NCAA tournament this past season. They lost to No. 4 UCLA in the opening round.
Manning went to high school in North Carolina before leading Kansas to the 1988 national title and becoming the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.
He will be replacing Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, who went just 51-76 overall and 17-51 in the ACC in his four forgettable seasons in Winston-Salem.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)