Apr 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tulsa coach Danny Manning has accepted an offer to become the new head coach for Wake Forest, according to multiple reports.
Manning visited the campus earlier this week after meeting with Athletic Director Ron Wellman in Indianapolis. He had spent the past two seasons as the head coach of Tulsa, who he led to the NCAA tournament this past season. They lost to No. 4 UCLA in the opening round.
Manning went to high school in North Carolina before leading Kansas to the 1988 national title and becoming the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.
He will be replacing Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, who went just 51-76 overall and 17-51 in the ACC in his four forgettable seasons in Winston-Salem.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)