Apr 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tulsa coach Danny Manning has accepted an offer to become the new head coach for Wake Forest, according to multiple reports.
Manning visited the campus earlier this week after meeting with Athletic Director Ron Wellman in Indianapolis. He had spent the past two seasons as the head coach of Tulsa, who he led to the NCAA tournament this past season. They lost to No. 4 UCLA in the opening round.
Manning went to high school in North Carolina before leading Kansas to the 1988 national title and becoming the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.
He will be replacing Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, who went just 51-76 overall and 17-51 in the ACC in his four forgettable seasons in Winston-Salem.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)