Apr 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tulsa coach Danny Manning has accepted an offer to become the new head coach for Wake Forest, according to multiple reports.
Manning visited the campus earlier this week after meeting with Athletic Director Ron Wellman in Indianapolis. He had spent the past two seasons as the head coach of Tulsa, who he led to the NCAA tournament this past season. They lost to No. 4 UCLA in the opening round.
Manning went to high school in North Carolina before leading Kansas to the 1988 national title and becoming the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.
He will be replacing Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, who went just 51-76 overall and 17-51 in the ACC in his four forgettable seasons in Winston-Salem.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)