Apr 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Tulsa coach Danny Manning has accepted an offer to become the new head coach for Wake Forest, according to multiple reports.
Manning visited the campus earlier this week after meeting with Athletic Director Ron Wellman in Indianapolis. He had spent the past two seasons as the head coach of Tulsa, who he led to the NCAA tournament this past season. They lost to No. 4 UCLA in the opening round.
Manning went to high school in North Carolina before leading Kansas to the 1988 national title and becoming the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.
He will be replacing Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, who went just 51-76 overall and 17-51 in the ACC in his four forgettable seasons in Winston-Salem.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 0
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)