Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For some college students the task of getting up in time for an 11:30 a.m. tipoff can be a difficult one. And with that in mind, Siena will have a special giveaway for its students in advance of Saturday’s CBI title game against Fresno State.
What will the students who attend the game receive? According to Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union, they’ll get free bacon.
Siena is handing out free bacon to students who attend Saturday morning’s game against Fresno State in the College Basketball Invitational finals.
The bacon will be handed out in front of Alumni Recreation Center, where the Saints will play Game 3 of the CBI’s best-of-3 championship series at 11:30 a.m.
This actually isn’t the first time this season an athletic department has done this, with Kansas State doing so for the home opener for its women’s team back in November. There are few things better for college kids than the prospect of free food, and the hope in Loudonville is that it will result in a charged environment at the ARC Saturday morning.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)