Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
For some college students the task of getting up in time for an 11:30 a.m. tipoff can be a difficult one. And with that in mind, Siena will have a special giveaway for its students in advance of Saturday’s CBI title game against Fresno State.
What will the students who attend the game receive? According to Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union, they’ll get free bacon.
Siena is handing out free bacon to students who attend Saturday morning’s game against Fresno State in the College Basketball Invitational finals.
The bacon will be handed out in front of Alumni Recreation Center, where the Saints will play Game 3 of the CBI’s best-of-3 championship series at 11:30 a.m.
This actually isn’t the first time this season an athletic department has done this, with Kansas State doing so for the home opener for its women’s team back in November. There are few things better for college kids than the prospect of free food, and the hope in Loudonville is that it will result in a charged environment at the ARC Saturday morning.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)