Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For some college students the task of getting up in time for an 11:30 a.m. tipoff can be a difficult one. And with that in mind, Siena will have a special giveaway for its students in advance of Saturday’s CBI title game against Fresno State.
What will the students who attend the game receive? According to Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union, they’ll get free bacon.
Siena is handing out free bacon to students who attend Saturday morning’s game against Fresno State in the College Basketball Invitational finals.
The bacon will be handed out in front of Alumni Recreation Center, where the Saints will play Game 3 of the CBI’s best-of-3 championship series at 11:30 a.m.
This actually isn’t the first time this season an athletic department has done this, with Kansas State doing so for the home opener for its women’s team back in November. There are few things better for college kids than the prospect of free food, and the hope in Loudonville is that it will result in a charged environment at the ARC Saturday morning.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)