Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For some college students the task of getting up in time for an 11:30 a.m. tipoff can be a difficult one. And with that in mind, Siena will have a special giveaway for its students in advance of Saturday’s CBI title game against Fresno State.
What will the students who attend the game receive? According to Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union, they’ll get free bacon.
Siena is handing out free bacon to students who attend Saturday morning’s game against Fresno State in the College Basketball Invitational finals.
The bacon will be handed out in front of Alumni Recreation Center, where the Saints will play Game 3 of the CBI’s best-of-3 championship series at 11:30 a.m.
This actually isn’t the first time this season an athletic department has done this, with Kansas State doing so for the home opener for its women’s team back in November. There are few things better for college kids than the prospect of free food, and the hope in Loudonville is that it will result in a charged environment at the ARC Saturday morning.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)