Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
For some college students the task of getting up in time for an 11:30 a.m. tipoff can be a difficult one. And with that in mind, Siena will have a special giveaway for its students in advance of Saturday’s CBI title game against Fresno State.
What will the students who attend the game receive? According to Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union, they’ll get free bacon.
Siena is handing out free bacon to students who attend Saturday morning’s game against Fresno State in the College Basketball Invitational finals.
The bacon will be handed out in front of Alumni Recreation Center, where the Saints will play Game 3 of the CBI’s best-of-3 championship series at 11:30 a.m.
This actually isn’t the first time this season an athletic department has done this, with Kansas State doing so for the home opener for its women’s team back in November. There are few things better for college kids than the prospect of free food, and the hope in Loudonville is that it will result in a charged environment at the ARC Saturday morning.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)