Apr 5, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
Zach Bohannon doesn’t play much for Wisconsin. The senior forward has played 27 minutes this season, and will likely only take the court during the Final Four weekend if there is an impending blowout. But that doesn’t mean Bohannon isn’t going to have fun while prepping for Bo Ryan’s first Final Four appearance.
The big details to Yahoo’s Jeff Eisenberg how he managed to take a selfie with each of the four Final Four coaches. He started with UConn’s Kevin Ollie, before progressing with John Calipari (of Kentucky) and Billy Donovan (of Florida, and this fantastic quote on why he was posing for the selfie, “As long as you don’t use it as a dartboard“). The genesis of the idea was a dare, and Bohannon mentions the most stressful coach to approach was his own:
“Ironically the one I felt the most nervous to get was our own coach, Coach Ryan. I told him, ‘Hey coach, I’ve got selfies with all three of these coaches. Can I get one with you as well?’ He was like, ‘I don’t know,’ but he agreed after a while.
Turns out, this selfie stunt isn’t the culmination of Bohannon’s waning fifteen minutes: when President Barack Obama visited the Wisconsin campus during the fall of 2012, Bohannon tweeted at the president’s official Twitter account to try and set up a pickup game between the Commander in Chief and the Badgers.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)