Apr 5, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
Zach Bohannon doesn’t play much for Wisconsin. The senior forward has played 27 minutes this season, and will likely only take the court during the Final Four weekend if there is an impending blowout. But that doesn’t mean Bohannon isn’t going to have fun while prepping for Bo Ryan’s first Final Four appearance.
The big details to Yahoo’s Jeff Eisenberg how he managed to take a selfie with each of the four Final Four coaches. He started with UConn’s Kevin Ollie, before progressing with John Calipari (of Kentucky) and Billy Donovan (of Florida, and this fantastic quote on why he was posing for the selfie, “As long as you don’t use it as a dartboard“). The genesis of the idea was a dare, and Bohannon mentions the most stressful coach to approach was his own:
“Ironically the one I felt the most nervous to get was our own coach, Coach Ryan. I told him, ‘Hey coach, I’ve got selfies with all three of these coaches. Can I get one with you as well?’ He was like, ‘I don’t know,’ but he agreed after a while.
Turns out, this selfie stunt isn’t the culmination of Bohannon’s waning fifteen minutes: when President Barack Obama visited the Wisconsin campus during the fall of 2012, Bohannon tweeted at the president’s official Twitter account to try and set up a pickup game between the Commander in Chief and the Badgers.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)