Apr 5, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Zach Bohannon doesn’t play much for Wisconsin. The senior forward has played 27 minutes this season, and will likely only take the court during the Final Four weekend if there is an impending blowout. But that doesn’t mean Bohannon isn’t going to have fun while prepping for Bo Ryan’s first Final Four appearance.
The big details to Yahoo’s Jeff Eisenberg how he managed to take a selfie with each of the four Final Four coaches. He started with UConn’s Kevin Ollie, before progressing with John Calipari (of Kentucky) and Billy Donovan (of Florida, and this fantastic quote on why he was posing for the selfie, “As long as you don’t use it as a dartboard“). The genesis of the idea was a dare, and Bohannon mentions the most stressful coach to approach was his own:
“Ironically the one I felt the most nervous to get was our own coach, Coach Ryan. I told him, ‘Hey coach, I’ve got selfies with all three of these coaches. Can I get one with you as well?’ He was like, ‘I don’t know,’ but he agreed after a while.
Turns out, this selfie stunt isn’t the culmination of Bohannon’s waning fifteen minutes: when President Barack Obama visited the Wisconsin campus during the fall of 2012, Bohannon tweeted at the president’s official Twitter account to try and set up a pickup game between the Commander in Chief and the Badgers.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)