Apr 5, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
Tyler Ulis, the Kentucky commit, won’t begin his collegiate career until next fall, but that hasn’t stopped him from taking part in the Wildcats’ rivalry with SEC foe Florida.
On Saturday night, during Gators’ national semifinal against UConn, Ulis decided to voice his opinion (since deleted) on Florida point guard and SEC Player of the Year, Scottie Wilbekin:
UK’s next point guard. RT @tulis3: Tried to tell y’all Wilbekin not good
— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) April 5, 2014
His is, however, apparently a fan of UConn’s Shabazz Napier:
Now Shabazz got game
— Tyler Ulis (@tulis3) April 5, 2014
The UConn guard tandem of Napier and Ryan Boatright have hounded opposing back courts in the NCAA tournament and the national semifinal was no different as Wilbekin was held to four points off 2-of-9 shooting with one assist and three turnovers.
But Wilbekin’s resume speaks for itself. He’s reached the Elite 8 in every season he’s been at Gainesville and now a Final Four while earning conference play of the year honors. Despite not playing well on Saturday, he was the South Region’s Most Outstanding Player.
Ulis is not viewed as a one-and-done type recruit for John Calipari, so only time will tell if the McDonald’s All American can generate that kind of success in his career in Lexington.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)