Apr 5, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
Tyler Ulis, the Kentucky commit, won’t begin his collegiate career until next fall, but that hasn’t stopped him from taking part in the Wildcats’ rivalry with SEC foe Florida.
On Saturday night, during Gators’ national semifinal against UConn, Ulis decided to voice his opinion (since deleted) on Florida point guard and SEC Player of the Year, Scottie Wilbekin:
UK’s next point guard. RT @tulis3: Tried to tell y’all Wilbekin not good
— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) April 5, 2014
His is, however, apparently a fan of UConn’s Shabazz Napier:
Now Shabazz got game
— Tyler Ulis (@tulis3) April 5, 2014
The UConn guard tandem of Napier and Ryan Boatright have hounded opposing back courts in the NCAA tournament and the national semifinal was no different as Wilbekin was held to four points off 2-of-9 shooting with one assist and three turnovers.
But Wilbekin’s resume speaks for itself. He’s reached the Elite 8 in every season he’s been at Gainesville and now a Final Four while earning conference play of the year honors. Despite not playing well on Saturday, he was the South Region’s Most Outstanding Player.
Ulis is not viewed as a one-and-done type recruit for John Calipari, so only time will tell if the McDonald’s All American can generate that kind of success in his career in Lexington.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)