Apr 5, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
Tyler Ulis, the Kentucky commit, won’t begin his collegiate career until next fall, but that hasn’t stopped him from taking part in the Wildcats’ rivalry with SEC foe Florida.
On Saturday night, during Gators’ national semifinal against UConn, Ulis decided to voice his opinion (since deleted) on Florida point guard and SEC Player of the Year, Scottie Wilbekin:
UK’s next point guard. RT @tulis3: Tried to tell y’all Wilbekin not good
— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) April 5, 2014
His is, however, apparently a fan of UConn’s Shabazz Napier:
Now Shabazz got game
— Tyler Ulis (@tulis3) April 5, 2014
The UConn guard tandem of Napier and Ryan Boatright have hounded opposing back courts in the NCAA tournament and the national semifinal was no different as Wilbekin was held to four points off 2-of-9 shooting with one assist and three turnovers.
But Wilbekin’s resume speaks for itself. He’s reached the Elite 8 in every season he’s been at Gainesville and now a Final Four while earning conference play of the year honors. Despite not playing well on Saturday, he was the South Region’s Most Outstanding Player.
Ulis is not viewed as a one-and-done type recruit for John Calipari, so only time will tell if the McDonald’s All American can generate that kind of success in his career in Lexington.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0