Apr 5, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
They rushed the floor of Gampel even before the game was over. Way to go Huskies! pic.twitter.com/b1eH8EWtPa
— Jamie Ratliff (@JamieRatliffNBC) April 6, 2014
On Dec. 2, Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner against Florida after his first attempt bounced off the backboard and right back to him, giving him a second opportunity to play hero.
The fans inside Gampel Pavilion remained in the stands as they watched Napier race out of the arena with the win.
Saturday night was a different story. With UConn taking on top-ranked Florida, which hadn’t lost since that game in Storrs, the campus held a viewing party inside the 10,000 seat arena. Once the Huskies put the finishing touches on a 63-53 win in the Final Four, the fans inside the Gampel Pavilion rushed the floor, celebrating the program’s fourth National Title game appearance since 1999.
UConn faces the winner of Kentucky-Wisconsin on Monday night.
Here are some of the sights from Storrs, Conn. on Saturday night:
— Alex Syphers (@alexsyphers) April 6, 2014
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)