Apr 5, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
They rushed the floor of Gampel even before the game was over. Way to go Huskies! pic.twitter.com/b1eH8EWtPa
— Jamie Ratliff (@JamieRatliffNBC) April 6, 2014
On Dec. 2, Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner against Florida after his first attempt bounced off the backboard and right back to him, giving him a second opportunity to play hero.
The fans inside Gampel Pavilion remained in the stands as they watched Napier race out of the arena with the win.
Saturday night was a different story. With UConn taking on top-ranked Florida, which hadn’t lost since that game in Storrs, the campus held a viewing party inside the 10,000 seat arena. Once the Huskies put the finishing touches on a 63-53 win in the Final Four, the fans inside the Gampel Pavilion rushed the floor, celebrating the program’s fourth National Title game appearance since 1999.
UConn faces the winner of Kentucky-Wisconsin on Monday night.
Here are some of the sights from Storrs, Conn. on Saturday night:
— Alex Syphers (@alexsyphers) April 6, 2014
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)