Apr 5, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
They rushed the floor of Gampel even before the game was over. Way to go Huskies! pic.twitter.com/b1eH8EWtPa
— Jamie Ratliff (@JamieRatliffNBC) April 6, 2014
On Dec. 2, Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner against Florida after his first attempt bounced off the backboard and right back to him, giving him a second opportunity to play hero.
The fans inside Gampel Pavilion remained in the stands as they watched Napier race out of the arena with the win.
Saturday night was a different story. With UConn taking on top-ranked Florida, which hadn’t lost since that game in Storrs, the campus held a viewing party inside the 10,000 seat arena. Once the Huskies put the finishing touches on a 63-53 win in the Final Four, the fans inside the Gampel Pavilion rushed the floor, celebrating the program’s fourth National Title game appearance since 1999.
UConn faces the winner of Kentucky-Wisconsin on Monday night.
Here are some of the sights from Storrs, Conn. on Saturday night:
— Alex Syphers (@alexsyphers) April 6, 2014
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)