Apr 5, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
They rushed the floor of Gampel even before the game was over. Way to go Huskies! pic.twitter.com/b1eH8EWtPa
— Jamie Ratliff (@JamieRatliffNBC) April 6, 2014
On Dec. 2, Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner against Florida after his first attempt bounced off the backboard and right back to him, giving him a second opportunity to play hero.
The fans inside Gampel Pavilion remained in the stands as they watched Napier race out of the arena with the win.
Saturday night was a different story. With UConn taking on top-ranked Florida, which hadn’t lost since that game in Storrs, the campus held a viewing party inside the 10,000 seat arena. Once the Huskies put the finishing touches on a 63-53 win in the Final Four, the fans inside the Gampel Pavilion rushed the floor, celebrating the program’s fourth National Title game appearance since 1999.
UConn faces the winner of Kentucky-Wisconsin on Monday night.
Here are some of the sights from Storrs, Conn. on Saturday night:
— Alex Syphers (@alexsyphers) April 6, 2014
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)