Apr 5, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
They rushed the floor of Gampel even before the game was over. Way to go Huskies! pic.twitter.com/b1eH8EWtPa
— Jamie Ratliff (@JamieRatliffNBC) April 6, 2014
On Dec. 2, Shabazz Napier hit a game-winner against Florida after his first attempt bounced off the backboard and right back to him, giving him a second opportunity to play hero.
The fans inside Gampel Pavilion remained in the stands as they watched Napier race out of the arena with the win.
Saturday night was a different story. With UConn taking on top-ranked Florida, which hadn’t lost since that game in Storrs, the campus held a viewing party inside the 10,000 seat arena. Once the Huskies put the finishing touches on a 63-53 win in the Final Four, the fans inside the Gampel Pavilion rushed the floor, celebrating the program’s fourth National Title game appearance since 1999.
UConn faces the winner of Kentucky-Wisconsin on Monday night.
Here are some of the sights from Storrs, Conn. on Saturday night:
— Alex Syphers (@alexsyphers) April 6, 2014
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)