Apr 5, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
Every four seasons, programs are allowed by the NCAA to travel internationally. For some teams, that means going to Canada; others, going overseas. Michigan last took a trip in prior to the 2010-11 season, a year that ended with a 21-14 record (just the second 20-plus winning season for John Beilein at the time), and the coach recently revealed he plans to take his Wolverines to Europe in the coming months.
Beilein revealed on the “Coffee with the Coach” segment of a television program that Michigan will take the ten allotted days and “…we can practice and improve and we have some young kids coming in that can now go to Europe, so it will be a good time for us.”
The Wolverines have a four-prospect incoming class, and as there could be some turnover, there will be a few players potentially adjusting to new roles next season. Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas are still debating whether they should return for their junior seasons, or declare for the NBA draft, and after a year rehabbing for Mitch McGary, the big will need the extra repetitions to adjust to game speed. The extra time will also be crucial for Derrick Walton; the then-sophomore point guard will have to expand his offensive role in 2015, and his continued work to thread the balance between distributor and scorer could be fine-tuned on this trip.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)