Apr 5, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Every four seasons, programs are allowed by the NCAA to travel internationally. For some teams, that means going to Canada; others, going overseas. Michigan last took a trip in prior to the 2010-11 season, a year that ended with a 21-14 record (just the second 20-plus winning season for John Beilein at the time), and the coach recently revealed he plans to take his Wolverines to Europe in the coming months.
Beilein revealed on the “Coffee with the Coach” segment of a television program that Michigan will take the ten allotted days and “…we can practice and improve and we have some young kids coming in that can now go to Europe, so it will be a good time for us.”
The Wolverines have a four-prospect incoming class, and as there could be some turnover, there will be a few players potentially adjusting to new roles next season. Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas are still debating whether they should return for their junior seasons, or declare for the NBA draft, and after a year rehabbing for Mitch McGary, the big will need the extra repetitions to adjust to game speed. The extra time will also be crucial for Derrick Walton; the then-sophomore point guard will have to expand his offensive role in 2015, and his continued work to thread the balance between distributor and scorer could be fine-tuned on this trip.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)