Apr 5, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Every four seasons, programs are allowed by the NCAA to travel internationally. For some teams, that means going to Canada; others, going overseas. Michigan last took a trip in prior to the 2010-11 season, a year that ended with a 21-14 record (just the second 20-plus winning season for John Beilein at the time), and the coach recently revealed he plans to take his Wolverines to Europe in the coming months.
Beilein revealed on the “Coffee with the Coach” segment of a television program that Michigan will take the ten allotted days and “…we can practice and improve and we have some young kids coming in that can now go to Europe, so it will be a good time for us.”
The Wolverines have a four-prospect incoming class, and as there could be some turnover, there will be a few players potentially adjusting to new roles next season. Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas are still debating whether they should return for their junior seasons, or declare for the NBA draft, and after a year rehabbing for Mitch McGary, the big will need the extra repetitions to adjust to game speed. The extra time will also be crucial for Derrick Walton; the then-sophomore point guard will have to expand his offensive role in 2015, and his continued work to thread the balance between distributor and scorer could be fine-tuned on this trip.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)