Apr 5, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Every four seasons, programs are allowed by the NCAA to travel internationally. For some teams, that means going to Canada; others, going overseas. Michigan last took a trip in prior to the 2010-11 season, a year that ended with a 21-14 record (just the second 20-plus winning season for John Beilein at the time), and the coach recently revealed he plans to take his Wolverines to Europe in the coming months.
Beilein revealed on the “Coffee with the Coach” segment of a television program that Michigan will take the ten allotted days and “…we can practice and improve and we have some young kids coming in that can now go to Europe, so it will be a good time for us.”
The Wolverines have a four-prospect incoming class, and as there could be some turnover, there will be a few players potentially adjusting to new roles next season. Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas are still debating whether they should return for their junior seasons, or declare for the NBA draft, and after a year rehabbing for Mitch McGary, the big will need the extra repetitions to adjust to game speed. The extra time will also be crucial for Derrick Walton; the then-sophomore point guard will have to expand his offensive role in 2015, and his continued work to thread the balance between distributor and scorer could be fine-tuned on this trip.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)