Apr 6, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
The most confident man in the state of Kentucky not named Aaron Harrison has to be Tyler Austin Black.
Who is that, you ask?
He’s a 22-year-old Kentucky fan who walked into a tattoo parlor on March 13 in Berea, Ky. and got a tattoo that read “2014 Nati9nal Champions” with the UK logo inked underneath.
To put that in perspective, the Wildcats had lost their ninth game of the season five days earlier and were outside the top 25. Fast forward 24 days, and Kentucky is one win away from making that tattoo an amazing prediction instead of a lifelong mistake as the Wildcats are the favorite entering Monday night’s National Title game against UConn.
The tattoo has gone viral during Kentucky’s improbable run through the NCAA tournament, and for his faith, Black will be on his way to Arlington to be in attendance to watch his Wildcats attempt to win the program’s ninth National Title, according to Darren Rovell of ESPN. His two tickets were provided by a local CBS affiliate, per Rovell.
I just got 2 free tickets to the championship game! Whoever drives gets the other ticket!
— Tyler (@Tizzblack) April 6, 2014
Black had to sweat out close calls against Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin over the last few weeks, he certainly deserves one of the 79,000-plus seats at AT&T Stadium for the National Title game.
Kentucky opens as a 2.5 point favorite over UConn.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)