Apr 6, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
The most confident man in the state of Kentucky not named Aaron Harrison has to be Tyler Austin Black.
Who is that, you ask?
He’s a 22-year-old Kentucky fan who walked into a tattoo parlor on March 13 in Berea, Ky. and got a tattoo that read “2014 Nati9nal Champions” with the UK logo inked underneath.
To put that in perspective, the Wildcats had lost their ninth game of the season five days earlier and were outside the top 25. Fast forward 24 days, and Kentucky is one win away from making that tattoo an amazing prediction instead of a lifelong mistake as the Wildcats are the favorite entering Monday night’s National Title game against UConn.
The tattoo has gone viral during Kentucky’s improbable run through the NCAA tournament, and for his faith, Black will be on his way to Arlington to be in attendance to watch his Wildcats attempt to win the program’s ninth National Title, according to Darren Rovell of ESPN. His two tickets were provided by a local CBS affiliate, per Rovell.
I just got 2 free tickets to the championship game! Whoever drives gets the other ticket!
— Tyler (@Tizzblack) April 6, 2014
Black had to sweat out close calls against Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin over the last few weeks, he certainly deserves one of the 79,000-plus seats at AT&T Stadium for the National Title game.
Kentucky opens as a 2.5 point favorite over UConn.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)