Apr 6, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
The most confident man in the state of Kentucky not named Aaron Harrison has to be Tyler Austin Black.
Who is that, you ask?
He’s a 22-year-old Kentucky fan who walked into a tattoo parlor on March 13 in Berea, Ky. and got a tattoo that read “2014 Nati9nal Champions” with the UK logo inked underneath.
To put that in perspective, the Wildcats had lost their ninth game of the season five days earlier and were outside the top 25. Fast forward 24 days, and Kentucky is one win away from making that tattoo an amazing prediction instead of a lifelong mistake as the Wildcats are the favorite entering Monday night’s National Title game against UConn.
The tattoo has gone viral during Kentucky’s improbable run through the NCAA tournament, and for his faith, Black will be on his way to Arlington to be in attendance to watch his Wildcats attempt to win the program’s ninth National Title, according to Darren Rovell of ESPN. His two tickets were provided by a local CBS affiliate, per Rovell.
I just got 2 free tickets to the championship game! Whoever drives gets the other ticket!
— Tyler (@Tizzblack) April 6, 2014
Black had to sweat out close calls against Wichita State, Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin over the last few weeks, he certainly deserves one of the 79,000-plus seats at AT&T Stadium for the National Title game.
Kentucky opens as a 2.5 point favorite over UConn.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)