Apr 7, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
The Illinois State Redbirds lost three players to transfer on Monday as the school announced that Nick Zeisloft, Kaza Keane and Zach Lofton are all transferring. Jim Benson of The Pantagraph reported the news.
Zeisloft, a redshirt sophomore, will graduate this summer and have two years of immediate eligibility remaining as a 6-foot-4 wing shooter that averaged 6.9 points per game. Lofton and Keane are both sophomore guards that will have to sit out a season before playing two more seasons.
The 6-foot-4 Lofton averaged 11.3 points per game, which is the second best on last year’s Redbirds, while the 6-foot-1 Keane averaged 2.4 points in 12 minutes per contest.
Illinois State now has three open scholarships this spring.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)