Apr 7, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
The Illinois State Redbirds lost three players to transfer on Monday as the school announced that Nick Zeisloft, Kaza Keane and Zach Lofton are all transferring. Jim Benson of The Pantagraph reported the news.
Zeisloft, a redshirt sophomore, will graduate this summer and have two years of immediate eligibility remaining as a 6-foot-4 wing shooter that averaged 6.9 points per game. Lofton and Keane are both sophomore guards that will have to sit out a season before playing two more seasons.
The 6-foot-4 Lofton averaged 11.3 points per game, which is the second best on last year’s Redbirds, while the 6-foot-1 Keane averaged 2.4 points in 12 minutes per contest.
Illinois State now has three open scholarships this spring.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)