Apr 7, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
The Illinois State Redbirds lost three players to transfer on Monday as the school announced that Nick Zeisloft, Kaza Keane and Zach Lofton are all transferring. Jim Benson of The Pantagraph reported the news.
Zeisloft, a redshirt sophomore, will graduate this summer and have two years of immediate eligibility remaining as a 6-foot-4 wing shooter that averaged 6.9 points per game. Lofton and Keane are both sophomore guards that will have to sit out a season before playing two more seasons.
The 6-foot-4 Lofton averaged 11.3 points per game, which is the second best on last year’s Redbirds, while the 6-foot-1 Keane averaged 2.4 points in 12 minutes per contest.
Illinois State now has three open scholarships this spring.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)