Apr 7, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
After three seasons at Iowa State, 6-foot-9 junior forward Percy Gibson has opted to transfer, according to a release from the school.
“I spoke with Percy after the season and he indicated a desire to transfer to another school,” Hoiberg said in the release. “We thank Percy for his efforts the last three years and will assist him in any way we can.”
A native of Detroit, Gibson played in 14 games in 2013-14 and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds.
“I’d like to thank Coach Hoiberg and the rest of the coaches for the opportunity to play at Iowa State,” Gibson said. “I will take with me the memories and friendships created with my teammates. I also want to thank Iowa State’s fans for their support the last three years.”
Gibson played in double-digit minutes in his first two seasons before sawing his minutes plummet in his third season in Ames.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)