Apr 7, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
After three seasons at Iowa State, 6-foot-9 junior forward Percy Gibson has opted to transfer, according to a release from the school.
“I spoke with Percy after the season and he indicated a desire to transfer to another school,” Hoiberg said in the release. “We thank Percy for his efforts the last three years and will assist him in any way we can.”
A native of Detroit, Gibson played in 14 games in 2013-14 and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 rebounds.
“I’d like to thank Coach Hoiberg and the rest of the coaches for the opportunity to play at Iowa State,” Gibson said. “I will take with me the memories and friendships created with my teammates. I also want to thank Iowa State’s fans for their support the last three years.”
Gibson played in double-digit minutes in his first two seasons before sawing his minutes plummet in his third season in Ames.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0