Apr 7, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
After not playing during the high school season and losing Marquette head coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech, Sandburg High School senior Malek Harris, a 6-foot-7 forward has opted to decommit from the Golden Eagles.
The news was reported by Joe Henricksen of the City/Suburban Hoops Report. Harris now has a top five — in no order — including Virginia Tech, Marquette, Florida, Kansas State and Gonzaga.
Harris is the No. 77 overall prospect in the 2014 class — according to Rivals — and should be a hot commodity on the recruiting trail as he plays this spring with the Illinois Wolves. One of the better rebounders in the class, Harris should be a major pickup for someone this spring.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)