Apr 7, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
After not playing during the high school season and losing Marquette head coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech, Sandburg High School senior Malek Harris, a 6-foot-7 forward has opted to decommit from the Golden Eagles.
The news was reported by Joe Henricksen of the City/Suburban Hoops Report. Harris now has a top five — in no order — including Virginia Tech, Marquette, Florida, Kansas State and Gonzaga.
Harris is the No. 77 overall prospect in the 2014 class — according to Rivals — and should be a hot commodity on the recruiting trail as he plays this spring with the Illinois Wolves. One of the better rebounders in the class, Harris should be a major pickup for someone this spring.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)