Apr 7, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
After not playing during the high school season and losing Marquette head coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech, Sandburg High School senior Malek Harris, a 6-foot-7 forward has opted to decommit from the Golden Eagles.
The news was reported by Joe Henricksen of the City/Suburban Hoops Report. Harris now has a top five — in no order — including Virginia Tech, Marquette, Florida, Kansas State and Gonzaga.
Harris is the No. 77 overall prospect in the 2014 class — according to Rivals — and should be a hot commodity on the recruiting trail as he plays this spring with the Illinois Wolves. One of the better rebounders in the class, Harris should be a major pickup for someone this spring.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)