Apr 7, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
After not playing during the high school season and losing Marquette head coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech, Sandburg High School senior Malek Harris, a 6-foot-7 forward has opted to decommit from the Golden Eagles.
The news was reported by Joe Henricksen of the City/Suburban Hoops Report. Harris now has a top five — in no order — including Virginia Tech, Marquette, Florida, Kansas State and Gonzaga.
Harris is the No. 77 overall prospect in the 2014 class — according to Rivals — and should be a hot commodity on the recruiting trail as he plays this spring with the Illinois Wolves. One of the better rebounders in the class, Harris should be a major pickup for someone this spring.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)