Apr 7, 2014, 5:18 PM EST
After not playing during the high school season and losing Marquette head coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech, Sandburg High School senior Malek Harris, a 6-foot-7 forward has opted to decommit from the Golden Eagles.
The news was reported by Joe Henricksen of the City/Suburban Hoops Report. Harris now has a top five — in no order — including Virginia Tech, Marquette, Florida, Kansas State and Gonzaga.
Harris is the No. 77 overall prospect in the 2014 class — according to Rivals — and should be a hot commodity on the recruiting trail as he plays this spring with the Illinois Wolves. One of the better rebounders in the class, Harris should be a major pickup for someone this spring.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)