Apr 8, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Fresh off of a trip to the Elite 8, Dayton sophomore Devon Scott decided to celebrate by going out and getting charged with domestic violence and assault.
According to the AP, the alleged assault occurred on April 1st at Scott’s residence.
“Due to federal privacy laws, the University cannot release any additional information,” the university said in a statement. “Devon has been removed from team activities, pending resolution of these misdemeanor charges. He remains enrolled in school and will focus on his academics and this situation as his priorities.”
Scott turned 20 on Monday. His girlfriend gave birth to his son on February 2nd.
Scott averaged 3.4 points and 2.7 boards this season.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0