Apr 8, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Fresh off of a trip to the Elite 8, Dayton sophomore Devon Scott decided to celebrate by going out and getting charged with domestic violence and assault.
According to the AP, the alleged assault occurred on April 1st at Scott’s residence.
“Due to federal privacy laws, the University cannot release any additional information,” the university said in a statement. “Devon has been removed from team activities, pending resolution of these misdemeanor charges. He remains enrolled in school and will focus on his academics and this situation as his priorities.”
Scott turned 20 on Monday. His girlfriend gave birth to his son on February 2nd.
Scott averaged 3.4 points and 2.7 boards this season.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)