Apr 8, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Fresh off of a trip to the Elite 8, Dayton sophomore Devon Scott decided to celebrate by going out and getting charged with domestic violence and assault.
According to the AP, the alleged assault occurred on April 1st at Scott’s residence.
“Due to federal privacy laws, the University cannot release any additional information,” the university said in a statement. “Devon has been removed from team activities, pending resolution of these misdemeanor charges. He remains enrolled in school and will focus on his academics and this situation as his priorities.”
Scott turned 20 on Monday. His girlfriend gave birth to his son on February 2nd.
Scott averaged 3.4 points and 2.7 boards this season.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)