Apr 8, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Fresh off of a trip to the Elite 8, Dayton sophomore Devon Scott decided to celebrate by going out and getting charged with domestic violence and assault.
According to the AP, the alleged assault occurred on April 1st at Scott’s residence.
“Due to federal privacy laws, the University cannot release any additional information,” the university said in a statement. “Devon has been removed from team activities, pending resolution of these misdemeanor charges. He remains enrolled in school and will focus on his academics and this situation as his priorities.”
Scott turned 20 on Monday. His girlfriend gave birth to his son on February 2nd.
Scott averaged 3.4 points and 2.7 boards this season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)