Apr 8, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Fresh off of a trip to the Elite 8, Dayton sophomore Devon Scott decided to celebrate by going out and getting charged with domestic violence and assault.
According to the AP, the alleged assault occurred on April 1st at Scott’s residence.
“Due to federal privacy laws, the University cannot release any additional information,” the university said in a statement. “Devon has been removed from team activities, pending resolution of these misdemeanor charges. He remains enrolled in school and will focus on his academics and this situation as his priorities.”
Scott turned 20 on Monday. His girlfriend gave birth to his son on February 2nd.
Scott averaged 3.4 points and 2.7 boards this season.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)