Apr 8, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Oregon’s junior guard Joseph Young will not be heading to the professional ranks.
“Great talk [with] the [family],” he tweeted on Tuesday morning. “Decided the best thing for me is to get my Degree and play my last year as an Oregon Duck.”
Young averaged 18.9 points and shot 41.5% from three in his first season with Oregon. He transferred into the program after spending three years, only playing two seasons, at Houston.
He was not projected to be drafted by Draft Express.
Young’s return gives the Ducks one of the best perimeter attacks in college basketball. Young will join Damyeon Dotson, Dominic Artis, JaQuan Lyle and Brandon Austin.
The Ducks were 15th in our Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0