Apr 8, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Oregon’s junior guard Joseph Young will not be heading to the professional ranks.
“Great talk [with] the [family],” he tweeted on Tuesday morning. “Decided the best thing for me is to get my Degree and play my last year as an Oregon Duck.”
Young averaged 18.9 points and shot 41.5% from three in his first season with Oregon. He transferred into the program after spending three years, only playing two seasons, at Houston.
He was not projected to be drafted by Draft Express.
Young’s return gives the Ducks one of the best perimeter attacks in college basketball. Young will join Damyeon Dotson, Dominic Artis, JaQuan Lyle and Brandon Austin.
The Ducks were 15th in our Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)