Apr 8, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
Boston College ended the year 8-24 (4-14 ACC), firing head coach Steve Donahue on March 18 after four seasons.
Ohio head coach Jim Christian was named the successor five days ago, and he’ll begin his tenure without second-leading scorer and top rebounder Ryan Anderson.
On Monday night, a few hours before UConn and Kentucky played for the National Title, Anderson announced his transfer via Twitter.
“I have decided to transfer from BC. Thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last three years. Proud I was able to be an Eagle,” Anderson tweeted.
Anderson averaged 14.3 points and 7.3 boards per game for the Eagles in 2013-2014.
Since the end of the season, reports have surfaced that Anderson along with several other teammates were considering leaving the program. The Boston Globe reported Joe Rahon, a California native like Anderson, was thinking about transferring while Olivier Hanlan, the team’s leading scorer, would test the NBA.
The following evening, Anderson told Jeff Goodman of ESPN that he will look for “the best fit” at his next school. According to Goodman, Anderson will have shoulder surgery, and will have one year remaining after he sits out next season.
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)