Apr 8, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
The Huskies of Honor is a tremendous honor for any UConn basketball player. Typically a player’s number isn’t hung from the walls of Gampel Pavilion until several seasons after their career at UConn is over.
That changed when Kemba Walker led the Huskies to 11 straight wins in March, guiding UConn to the program’s third National Title in 2011. A day later, Walker’s No. 15 was presented alongside some of Connecticut’s legendary players and coaches.
On Tuesday, one day after Shabazz Napier cut down the nets to his second title in his four years, his N0. 13 was revealed on the Huskies of Honor, three spots away from Walker’s jersey.
To make the occasion even more special, it was Napier’s mother, Carmen Velasquez who unveiled his number.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)