Apr 8, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
The Huskies of Honor is a tremendous honor for any UConn basketball player. Typically a player’s number isn’t hung from the walls of Gampel Pavilion until several seasons after their career at UConn is over.
That changed when Kemba Walker led the Huskies to 11 straight wins in March, guiding UConn to the program’s third National Title in 2011. A day later, Walker’s No. 15 was presented alongside some of Connecticut’s legendary players and coaches.
On Tuesday, one day after Shabazz Napier cut down the nets to his second title in his four years, his N0. 13 was revealed on the Huskies of Honor, three spots away from Walker’s jersey.
To make the occasion even more special, it was Napier’s mother, Carmen Velasquez who unveiled his number.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (8)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)