Apr 8, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
The Huskies of Honor is a tremendous honor for any UConn basketball player. Typically a player’s number isn’t hung from the walls of Gampel Pavilion until several seasons after their career at UConn is over.
That changed when Kemba Walker led the Huskies to 11 straight wins in March, guiding UConn to the program’s third National Title in 2011. A day later, Walker’s No. 15 was presented alongside some of Connecticut’s legendary players and coaches.
On Tuesday, one day after Shabazz Napier cut down the nets to his second title in his four years, his N0. 13 was revealed on the Huskies of Honor, three spots away from Walker’s jersey.
To make the occasion even more special, it was Napier’s mother, Carmen Velasquez who unveiled his number.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)