Apr 8, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Corey Johnson correctly predicted the National Title matchup with the No. 7 seed UConn facing No. 8 seeded Kentucky. He says he had the Huskies winning it all, but there was only one problem: he didn’t register that pick on the Yahoo- Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge.
That slip up will cost him $100,000.
The Connecticut native told Deadspin that he thought he had set UConn as his national champion, but by the time he realized his mistake his picks were already locked in and could not be changed.
The 28-year-old Johnson remained in good spirits about the whole ordeal.
“Maybe someone who needs it more than I do is going to win because I won’t,” he told Deadspin.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0