Apr 8, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Corey Johnson correctly predicted the National Title matchup with the No. 7 seed UConn facing No. 8 seeded Kentucky. He says he had the Huskies winning it all, but there was only one problem: he didn’t register that pick on the Yahoo- Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge.
That slip up will cost him $100,000.
The Connecticut native told Deadspin that he thought he had set UConn as his national champion, but by the time he realized his mistake his picks were already locked in and could not be changed.
The 28-year-old Johnson remained in good spirits about the whole ordeal.
“Maybe someone who needs it more than I do is going to win because I won’t,” he told Deadspin.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)