Apr 8, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Corey Johnson correctly predicted the National Title matchup with the No. 7 seed UConn facing No. 8 seeded Kentucky. He says he had the Huskies winning it all, but there was only one problem: he didn’t register that pick on the Yahoo- Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge.
That slip up will cost him $100,000.
The Connecticut native told Deadspin that he thought he had set UConn as his national champion, but by the time he realized his mistake his picks were already locked in and could not be changed.
The 28-year-old Johnson remained in good spirits about the whole ordeal.
“Maybe someone who needs it more than I do is going to win because I won’t,” he told Deadspin.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)