Apr 8, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Corey Johnson correctly predicted the National Title matchup with the No. 7 seed UConn facing No. 8 seeded Kentucky. He says he had the Huskies winning it all, but there was only one problem: he didn’t register that pick on the Yahoo- Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge.
That slip up will cost him $100,000.
The Connecticut native told Deadspin that he thought he had set UConn as his national champion, but by the time he realized his mistake his picks were already locked in and could not be changed.
The 28-year-old Johnson remained in good spirits about the whole ordeal.
“Maybe someone who needs it more than I do is going to win because I won’t,” he told Deadspin.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)