Apr 9, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
Devonte Graham just became the most sought-after point guard in the country.
Graham signed a letter of intent with Appalachian State back when he was in high school, but as he developed as a player and garnered more interest from high-major programs, he asked for a release from his NLI in order t play at a higher level.
For more than a year, Appalachian State refused to grant Graham that release, even after then-head coachJason Capel was fired following a 9-21 season. Yesterday, new head coach Jim Fox was officially hired, and on Wednesday, he granted Graham his release:
😩 wow officially released !!!! Thanking god right now 🙌🙏 !
— Devonte’ Graham (@im_dat_kid_dtae) April 9, 2014
Graham is a top 50 talent that spent this past season at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. He’ll be pursued by a number of top 25 teams — Providence, Virginia, Florida — but Kansas seems to be the leader in the clubhouse at the moment.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)