Apr 9, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Devonte Graham just became the most sought-after point guard in the country.
Graham signed a letter of intent with Appalachian State back when he was in high school, but as he developed as a player and garnered more interest from high-major programs, he asked for a release from his NLI in order t play at a higher level.
For more than a year, Appalachian State refused to grant Graham that release, even after then-head coachJason Capel was fired following a 9-21 season. Yesterday, new head coach Jim Fox was officially hired, and on Wednesday, he granted Graham his release:
😩 wow officially released !!!! Thanking god right now 🙌🙏 !
— Devonte’ Graham (@im_dat_kid_dtae) April 9, 2014
Graham is a top 50 talent that spent this past season at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. He’ll be pursued by a number of top 25 teams — Providence, Virginia, Florida — but Kansas seems to be the leader in the clubhouse at the moment.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)