Apr 9, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
Devonte Graham just became the most sought-after point guard in the country.
Graham signed a letter of intent with Appalachian State back when he was in high school, but as he developed as a player and garnered more interest from high-major programs, he asked for a release from his NLI in order t play at a higher level.
For more than a year, Appalachian State refused to grant Graham that release, even after then-head coachJason Capel was fired following a 9-21 season. Yesterday, new head coach Jim Fox was officially hired, and on Wednesday, he granted Graham his release:
😩 wow officially released !!!! Thanking god right now 🙌🙏 !
— Devonte’ Graham (@im_dat_kid_dtae) April 9, 2014
Graham is a top 50 talent that spent this past season at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. He’ll be pursued by a number of top 25 teams — Providence, Virginia, Florida — but Kansas seems to be the leader in the clubhouse at the moment.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)