Apr 9, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Devonte Graham just became the most sought-after point guard in the country.
Graham signed a letter of intent with Appalachian State back when he was in high school, but as he developed as a player and garnered more interest from high-major programs, he asked for a release from his NLI in order t play at a higher level.
For more than a year, Appalachian State refused to grant Graham that release, even after then-head coachJason Capel was fired following a 9-21 season. Yesterday, new head coach Jim Fox was officially hired, and on Wednesday, he granted Graham his release:
😩 wow officially released !!!! Thanking god right now 🙌🙏 !
— Devonte’ Graham (@im_dat_kid_dtae) April 9, 2014
Graham is a top 50 talent that spent this past season at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. He’ll be pursued by a number of top 25 teams — Providence, Virginia, Florida — but Kansas seems to be the leader in the clubhouse at the moment.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)