Apr 9, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
After playing two seasons at Texas Tech with a change in coaches from Chris Walker (interim) to Tubby Smith occurring after his freshman campaign, sophomore guard Dusty Hannahs announced his decision to transfer in late March. Wednesday evening Hannahs revealed his destination via Twitter, with the Little Rock native headed to Arkansas to complete his college career.
In two seasons in Lubbock Hannahs averaged 7.3 points per game, shooting 38.5% from the field and 37.1% from beyond the arc. Of the 145 field goals Hannahs made during his time at Texas Tech, 87 were three-pointers. Hannahs’ best shooting performance this season came in a loss at West Virginia, in which he made all seven of his three-point attempts and scored 25 points.
Hannahs will likely have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, so he won’t be able to help Mike Anderson account for the loss of four seniors from his backcourt. After next season just one Razorback guard, Rashad Madden, will be out of eligibility.
During the early signing period Arkansas added three players, a group that includes guards Nick Babb and Anton Beard.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)