Apr 9, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
After playing two seasons at Texas Tech with a change in coaches from Chris Walker (interim) to Tubby Smith occurring after his freshman campaign, sophomore guard Dusty Hannahs announced his decision to transfer in late March. Wednesday evening Hannahs revealed his destination via Twitter, with the Little Rock native headed to Arkansas to complete his college career.
In two seasons in Lubbock Hannahs averaged 7.3 points per game, shooting 38.5% from the field and 37.1% from beyond the arc. Of the 145 field goals Hannahs made during his time at Texas Tech, 87 were three-pointers. Hannahs’ best shooting performance this season came in a loss at West Virginia, in which he made all seven of his three-point attempts and scored 25 points.
Hannahs will likely have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, so he won’t be able to help Mike Anderson account for the loss of four seniors from his backcourt. After next season just one Razorback guard, Rashad Madden, will be out of eligibility.
During the early signing period Arkansas added three players, a group that includes guards Nick Babb and Anton Beard.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)