Apr 9, 2014, 10:14 PM EST
After playing two seasons at Texas Tech with a change in coaches from Chris Walker (interim) to Tubby Smith occurring after his freshman campaign, sophomore guard Dusty Hannahs announced his decision to transfer in late March. Wednesday evening Hannahs revealed his destination via Twitter, with the Little Rock native headed to Arkansas to complete his college career.
In two seasons in Lubbock Hannahs averaged 7.3 points per game, shooting 38.5% from the field and 37.1% from beyond the arc. Of the 145 field goals Hannahs made during his time at Texas Tech, 87 were three-pointers. Hannahs’ best shooting performance this season came in a loss at West Virginia, in which he made all seven of his three-point attempts and scored 25 points.
Hannahs will likely have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, so he won’t be able to help Mike Anderson account for the loss of four seniors from his backcourt. After next season just one Razorback guard, Rashad Madden, will be out of eligibility.
During the early signing period Arkansas added three players, a group that includes guards Nick Babb and Anton Beard.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)