Apr 9, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The 2014 NCAA tournament is over, but before we officially move on to the 2014-2015 season, here is a quick look back at what was an outstanding three-week event:
FINAL FOUR: All Final Four coverage
NBCSports.com All-Tournament Team:
- Shabazz Napier, UConn
- Scottie Wilbekin, Florida
- DeAndre Daniels, UConn
- Julius Randle, Kentucky
- Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin
Best Individual Performance:
1. Xavier Thames, San Diego State vs. North Dakota State: Thames had 30 points and eight assists and, at one point, was responsible for 46 of the Aztecs’ first 55 points.
2. Adreian Payne, Michigan State vs. Delaware: Payne had 41 points on 10-for-15 shooting as the Spartans beat Delaware in the opening round.
3. Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin vs. Arizona: The 28 points and 11 boards that Kaminsky put on Arizona is the sole reason the Badgers are in the Final Four.
4. Cleanthony Early, Wichita State vs. Kentucky: Early had 31 points, hitting big shot after big shot, but it wasn’t enough to get the Shockers past the Wildcats.
5. DeAndre Daniels, UConn vs. Iowa State: Daniels scored 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds while helping to force Melvin Ejim to miss ten of his first 11 shots as the Huskies advanced.
6. Bryce Cotton, Providence vs. North Carolina: Cotton had 36 points and eight assists, but the Friars got bounced in the opening round.
7. Shabazz Napier, UConn vs. Villanova: Shabazz finished with 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting, playing through a bad ankle and a bruised shin.
- 1. Mercer’s Nae-Nae
- 2a. Carlin Dupree’s surprise performance
- 2b. NDSU’s postgame
- 3a. Greg McDermott’s postgame speech
- 3b. Saul Phillips postgame speech
- 4. Aaron Harrison’s shot vs. Michigan
- 5. Fred Hoiberg’s dance
- 6. Blown charge calls against Jarnell Stokes and Nick Johnson
- 7. N.C. State’s collapse vs. Saint Louis
1a. Aaron Harrison vs. Michigan:
1b. Aaron Harrison vs. Wisconsin
2. Desmond Hayman vs. VCU:
3. Lawrence Alexander vs. Oklahoma:
4. DeAndre Kane vs. North Carolina:
5. Amida Brimah vs. St. Joseph’s:
6. Cameron Ridley vs. Arizona State:
7. Vee Sanford vs. Dayton:
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)