Apr 9, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The 2014 NCAA tournament is over, but before we officially move on to the 2014-2015 season, here is a quick look back at what was an outstanding three-week event:
FINAL FOUR: All Final Four coverage
NBCSports.com All-Tournament Team:
- Shabazz Napier, UConn
- Scottie Wilbekin, Florida
- DeAndre Daniels, UConn
- Julius Randle, Kentucky
- Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin
Best Individual Performance:
1. Xavier Thames, San Diego State vs. North Dakota State: Thames had 30 points and eight assists and, at one point, was responsible for 46 of the Aztecs’ first 55 points.
2. Adreian Payne, Michigan State vs. Delaware: Payne had 41 points on 10-for-15 shooting as the Spartans beat Delaware in the opening round.
3. Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin vs. Arizona: The 28 points and 11 boards that Kaminsky put on Arizona is the sole reason the Badgers are in the Final Four.
4. Cleanthony Early, Wichita State vs. Kentucky: Early had 31 points, hitting big shot after big shot, but it wasn’t enough to get the Shockers past the Wildcats.
5. DeAndre Daniels, UConn vs. Iowa State: Daniels scored 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds while helping to force Melvin Ejim to miss ten of his first 11 shots as the Huskies advanced.
6. Bryce Cotton, Providence vs. North Carolina: Cotton had 36 points and eight assists, but the Friars got bounced in the opening round.
7. Shabazz Napier, UConn vs. Villanova: Shabazz finished with 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting, playing through a bad ankle and a bruised shin.
- 1. Mercer’s Nae-Nae
- 2a. Carlin Dupree’s surprise performance
- 2b. NDSU’s postgame
- 3a. Greg McDermott’s postgame speech
- 3b. Saul Phillips postgame speech
- 4. Aaron Harrison’s shot vs. Michigan
- 5. Fred Hoiberg’s dance
- 6. Blown charge calls against Jarnell Stokes and Nick Johnson
- 7. N.C. State’s collapse vs. Saint Louis
1a. Aaron Harrison vs. Michigan:
1b. Aaron Harrison vs. Wisconsin
2. Desmond Hayman vs. VCU:
3. Lawrence Alexander vs. Oklahoma:
4. DeAndre Kane vs. North Carolina:
5. Amida Brimah vs. St. Joseph’s:
6. Cameron Ridley vs. Arizona State:
7. Vee Sanford vs. Dayton:
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)