Apr 9, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
After serving as a backcourt reserve in each of his first two seasons at Ole Miss, point guard Derrick Millinghaus has decided to transfer according to Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger.
Millinghaus, a native of Schenectady, N.Y., averaged 5.9 points and 2.0 assists per game in two seasons at the SEC school. Millinghaus played just under 16 minutes per game during his time in Oxford, starting 15 of the 63 games in which he played.
As a sophomore Millinghaus averaged 6.6 points and 2.3 assists per game, but after a strong start to the season the sophomore wasn’t as effective in SEC play. Millinghaus averaged 14.1 points and 2.6 assists in Ole Miss’ first eight games of the season, reaching double figures in scoring seven times. His most productive outing during that stretch was a 21-point, three-assist, three-steal performance in a win over Mississippi Valley State.
In addition to Millinghaus the Rebels will need to account for the loss of Marshall Henderson, with the high-scoring guard being out of eligibility. However Jarvis Summers, who emerged as one of the SEC’s best guards, LaDarius White and Martavious Newby all have eligibility remaining. Both Summers and freshman Jerron Martin, who redshirted last season, are point guards.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)