Apr 9, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
After serving as a backcourt reserve in each of his first two seasons at Ole Miss, point guard Derrick Millinghaus has decided to transfer according to Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger.
Millinghaus, a native of Schenectady, N.Y., averaged 5.9 points and 2.0 assists per game in two seasons at the SEC school. Millinghaus played just under 16 minutes per game during his time in Oxford, starting 15 of the 63 games in which he played.
As a sophomore Millinghaus averaged 6.6 points and 2.3 assists per game, but after a strong start to the season the sophomore wasn’t as effective in SEC play. Millinghaus averaged 14.1 points and 2.6 assists in Ole Miss’ first eight games of the season, reaching double figures in scoring seven times. His most productive outing during that stretch was a 21-point, three-assist, three-steal performance in a win over Mississippi Valley State.
In addition to Millinghaus the Rebels will need to account for the loss of Marshall Henderson, with the high-scoring guard being out of eligibility. However Jarvis Summers, who emerged as one of the SEC’s best guards, LaDarius White and Martavious Newby all have eligibility remaining. Both Summers and freshman Jerron Martin, who redshirted last season, are point guards.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)