Apr 9, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
After serving as a backcourt reserve in each of his first two seasons at Ole Miss, point guard Derrick Millinghaus has decided to transfer according to Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger.
Millinghaus, a native of Schenectady, N.Y., averaged 5.9 points and 2.0 assists per game in two seasons at the SEC school. Millinghaus played just under 16 minutes per game during his time in Oxford, starting 15 of the 63 games in which he played.
As a sophomore Millinghaus averaged 6.6 points and 2.3 assists per game, but after a strong start to the season the sophomore wasn’t as effective in SEC play. Millinghaus averaged 14.1 points and 2.6 assists in Ole Miss’ first eight games of the season, reaching double figures in scoring seven times. His most productive outing during that stretch was a 21-point, three-assist, three-steal performance in a win over Mississippi Valley State.
In addition to Millinghaus the Rebels will need to account for the loss of Marshall Henderson, with the high-scoring guard being out of eligibility. However Jarvis Summers, who emerged as one of the SEC’s best guards, LaDarius White and Martavious Newby all have eligibility remaining. Both Summers and freshman Jerron Martin, who redshirted last season, are point guards.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)