Apr 9, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
After serving as a backcourt reserve in each of his first two seasons at Ole Miss, point guard Derrick Millinghaus has decided to transfer according to Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger.
Millinghaus, a native of Schenectady, N.Y., averaged 5.9 points and 2.0 assists per game in two seasons at the SEC school. Millinghaus played just under 16 minutes per game during his time in Oxford, starting 15 of the 63 games in which he played.
As a sophomore Millinghaus averaged 6.6 points and 2.3 assists per game, but after a strong start to the season the sophomore wasn’t as effective in SEC play. Millinghaus averaged 14.1 points and 2.6 assists in Ole Miss’ first eight games of the season, reaching double figures in scoring seven times. His most productive outing during that stretch was a 21-point, three-assist, three-steal performance in a win over Mississippi Valley State.
In addition to Millinghaus the Rebels will need to account for the loss of Marshall Henderson, with the high-scoring guard being out of eligibility. However Jarvis Summers, who emerged as one of the SEC’s best guards, LaDarius White and Martavious Newby all have eligibility remaining. Both Summers and freshman Jerron Martin, who redshirted last season, are point guards.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)