Apr 9, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
According to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, it hasn’t taken long for one Kentucky Wildcat to decide that he’ll be entering the 2014 NBA Draft.
Per the report, freshman forward Julius Randle had decided to enter the draft after winning SEC Freshman of the Year honors. However Randle took to his Twitter account to refute the report shortly after it surfaced:
A native of Dallas, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 15.0 points and 10.4 rebounds per game in his freshman season in Lexington. For his efforts Randle was named a first team All-SEC selection and an Associated Press third team All-American.
Randle’s 24 double-doubles rank second in NCAA for most posted in a single season by a freshman, with Michael Beasley posting 28 double-doubles in his lone season at Kansas State. Four of Randle’s 24 double-doubles came in Kentucky’s first four wins in the NCAA tournament, with the Wildcats eventually falling to UConn in the national title game.
If Randle were to go it wouldn’t come as a surprise, especially when considering the fact that he’s projected to be a lottery pick. But according to him a decision has yet to be made, meaning that Kentucky fans will continue to anxiously await a formal announcement.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)