Apr 9, 2014, 7:26 PM EST
According to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, it hasn’t taken long for one Kentucky Wildcat to decide that he’ll be entering the 2014 NBA Draft.
Per the report, freshman forward Julius Randle had decided to enter the draft after winning SEC Freshman of the Year honors. However Randle took to his Twitter account to refute the report shortly after it surfaced:
A native of Dallas, the 6-foot-9 forward averaged 15.0 points and 10.4 rebounds per game in his freshman season in Lexington. For his efforts Randle was named a first team All-SEC selection and an Associated Press third team All-American.
Randle’s 24 double-doubles rank second in NCAA for most posted in a single season by a freshman, with Michael Beasley posting 28 double-doubles in his lone season at Kansas State. Four of Randle’s 24 double-doubles came in Kentucky’s first four wins in the NCAA tournament, with the Wildcats eventually falling to UConn in the national title game.
If Randle were to go it wouldn’t come as a surprise, especially when considering the fact that he’s projected to be a lottery pick. But according to him a decision has yet to be made, meaning that Kentucky fans will continue to anxiously await a formal announcement.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)