Apr 10, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
When high-scoring guard Joseph Young announced his decision to return to Oregon for his senior season, the Ducks found themselves one over the NCAA limit of 13 scholarships. That’s no longer an issue, as guard A.J. Lapray has decided to transfer to Pepperdine, getting Oregon back to the 13 scholarship limit.
Lapray, a native of Salem, Oregon, announced the decision via his Twitter account.
Lapray played in just two games as a freshman, with a hip flexor injury being a major factor in the lack of game action. Obviously Oregon was deep on the perimeter as well, and with Casey Benson and JaQuan Lyle joining the program as freshmen and Providence transfer Brandon Austin also on board there will be a lot of competition for playing time in 2014-15.
In addition to Young, Oregon returns Dominic Artis and Damyean Dotson on the perimeter.
As for Pepperdine, Lapray joins a program that’s relatively young on the perimeter. Three players, including WCC All-Freshman Team selection Jeremy Major (9.1 ppg, 4.5 apg), will be sophomores next season with starter Malcolm Brooks (10.3 ppg) being the lone rising senior in the rotation.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)