Apr 10, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
When high-scoring guard Joseph Young announced his decision to return to Oregon for his senior season, the Ducks found themselves one over the NCAA limit of 13 scholarships. That’s no longer an issue, as guard A.J. Lapray has decided to transfer to Pepperdine, getting Oregon back to the 13 scholarship limit.
Lapray, a native of Salem, Oregon, announced the decision via his Twitter account.
Lapray played in just two games as a freshman, with a hip flexor injury being a major factor in the lack of game action. Obviously Oregon was deep on the perimeter as well, and with Casey Benson and JaQuan Lyle joining the program as freshmen and Providence transfer Brandon Austin also on board there will be a lot of competition for playing time in 2014-15.
In addition to Young, Oregon returns Dominic Artis and Damyean Dotson on the perimeter.
As for Pepperdine, Lapray joins a program that’s relatively young on the perimeter. Three players, including WCC All-Freshman Team selection Jeremy Major (9.1 ppg, 4.5 apg), will be sophomores next season with starter Malcolm Brooks (10.3 ppg) being the lone rising senior in the rotation.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)