Apr 10, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Jerry Tarkanian has been hospitalized in Las Vegas after dealing with breathing issues while in Dallas for the Final Four, according to a report from the Las Vegas Sun.
The report says that Tarkanian was tested for pneumonia before the trip and that he attended Kentucky’s practice on Friday, but he began to feel weak prior to Saturday’s Final Four game.
His symptoms didn’t improve when he returned to Vegas, and on Wednesday morning, Tarkanian was hospitalized.
Tarkanian was the head coach at UNLV from 1973-1992 and built the program into a national champion, winning the whole thing in 1990 and making it to the Final Four undefeated in 1991.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)