Apr 10, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Jerry Tarkanian has been hospitalized in Las Vegas after dealing with breathing issues while in Dallas for the Final Four, according to a report from the Las Vegas Sun.
The report says that Tarkanian was tested for pneumonia before the trip and that he attended Kentucky’s practice on Friday, but he began to feel weak prior to Saturday’s Final Four game.
His symptoms didn’t improve when he returned to Vegas, and on Wednesday morning, Tarkanian was hospitalized.
Tarkanian was the head coach at UNLV from 1973-1992 and built the program into a national champion, winning the whole thing in 1990 and making it to the Final Four undefeated in 1991.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)