Apr 10, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Jerry Tarkanian has been hospitalized in Las Vegas after dealing with breathing issues while in Dallas for the Final Four, according to a report from the Las Vegas Sun.
The report says that Tarkanian was tested for pneumonia before the trip and that he attended Kentucky’s practice on Friday, but he began to feel weak prior to Saturday’s Final Four game.
His symptoms didn’t improve when he returned to Vegas, and on Wednesday morning, Tarkanian was hospitalized.
Tarkanian was the head coach at UNLV from 1973-1992 and built the program into a national champion, winning the whole thing in 1990 and making it to the Final Four undefeated in 1991.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)