Apr 10, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Jerry Tarkanian has been hospitalized in Las Vegas after dealing with breathing issues while in Dallas for the Final Four, according to a report from the Las Vegas Sun.
The report says that Tarkanian was tested for pneumonia before the trip and that he attended Kentucky’s practice on Friday, but he began to feel weak prior to Saturday’s Final Four game.
His symptoms didn’t improve when he returned to Vegas, and on Wednesday morning, Tarkanian was hospitalized.
Tarkanian was the head coach at UNLV from 1973-1992 and built the program into a national champion, winning the whole thing in 1990 and making it to the Final Four undefeated in 1991.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)