Apr 10, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Jerry Tarkanian has been hospitalized in Las Vegas after dealing with breathing issues while in Dallas for the Final Four, according to a report from the Las Vegas Sun.
The report says that Tarkanian was tested for pneumonia before the trip and that he attended Kentucky’s practice on Friday, but he began to feel weak prior to Saturday’s Final Four game.
His symptoms didn’t improve when he returned to Vegas, and on Wednesday morning, Tarkanian was hospitalized.
Tarkanian was the head coach at UNLV from 1973-1992 and built the program into a national champion, winning the whole thing in 1990 and making it to the Final Four undefeated in 1991.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)