Apr 10, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
After leading IPFW to a 25-win season and a second-place finish in the Summit League, head coach Tony Jasick made the decision to leave the school in order to take over Jacksonville program. In need of a new head coach IPFW didn’t look far for its replacement, with the school officially promoting assistant Jon Coffman on Thursday.
Coffman, who spent three seasons on the IPFW staff prior to his promotion, has been a Division I assistant at both Colgate and the College of Charleston. In his first press conference as head coach Coffman thanked his former boss for helping him reach the position he’s in today.
“I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that Tony gave me, and I would not be where I am today without him being both an incredible mentor and friend,” Coffman said according to the school release. “I am unbelievably proud of what we accomplished as a program over the past three years and am excited to see his future success at Jacksonville University.”
IPFW loses leading scorer Luis Jacobo (15.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg) and forward Michael Kibiloski (7.2, 2.4) from the winningest team in school history, but forwards Steve Forbes, Joe Edwards and Joe Reed all have eligibility remaining. In just over 21 minutes of action per game, Forbes averaged 12.1 points and a team-best 5.3 rebounds per game.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)