Apr 10, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Most everyone expects Michigan guard Nik Stauskas to enter the NBA Draft, but he’s not ready to announce it just yet.
According to a report from Hoops Hype CA, Stauskas has made the decision to go pro and will sign with agent Mark Bartelstein, the father of former Michigan teammate Josh Bartelstein.
Tim Hardaway Jr., who played with Michigan last season and is currently in the NBA, is also a client of Bartelstein’s.
Stauskas averaged 17.5 points and 3.3 assists while shooting 44% from three this past season.
Stauskas took to twitter on Thursday morning to deny the report:
Just wanted to reiterate that any reports about my future intenions are FALSE! I have NOT made ANY decisions on my future yet!
— Nik Stauskas (@NStauskas11) April 10, 2014
Stauskas is projected as the No. 16 pick in the draft according to Draft Express.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)