Apr 10, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Most everyone expects Michigan guard Nik Stauskas to enter the NBA Draft, but he’s not ready to announce it just yet.
According to a report from Hoops Hype CA, Stauskas has made the decision to go pro and will sign with agent Mark Bartelstein, the father of former Michigan teammate Josh Bartelstein.
Tim Hardaway Jr., who played with Michigan last season and is currently in the NBA, is also a client of Bartelstein’s.
Stauskas averaged 17.5 points and 3.3 assists while shooting 44% from three this past season.
Stauskas took to twitter on Thursday morning to deny the report:
Just wanted to reiterate that any reports about my future intenions are FALSE! I have NOT made ANY decisions on my future yet!
— Nik Stauskas (@NStauskas11) April 10, 2014
Stauskas is projected as the No. 16 pick in the draft according to Draft Express.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)