Apr 10, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Most everyone expects Michigan guard Nik Stauskas to enter the NBA Draft, but he’s not ready to announce it just yet.
According to a report from Hoops Hype CA, Stauskas has made the decision to go pro and will sign with agent Mark Bartelstein, the father of former Michigan teammate Josh Bartelstein.
Tim Hardaway Jr., who played with Michigan last season and is currently in the NBA, is also a client of Bartelstein’s.
Stauskas averaged 17.5 points and 3.3 assists while shooting 44% from three this past season.
Stauskas took to twitter on Thursday morning to deny the report:
Just wanted to reiterate that any reports about my future intenions are FALSE! I have NOT made ANY decisions on my future yet!
— Nik Stauskas (@NStauskas11) April 10, 2014
Stauskas is projected as the No. 16 pick in the draft according to Draft Express.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)