Apr 10, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Most everyone expects Michigan guard Nik Stauskas to enter the NBA Draft, but he’s not ready to announce it just yet.
According to a report from Hoops Hype CA, Stauskas has made the decision to go pro and will sign with agent Mark Bartelstein, the father of former Michigan teammate Josh Bartelstein.
Tim Hardaway Jr., who played with Michigan last season and is currently in the NBA, is also a client of Bartelstein’s.
Stauskas averaged 17.5 points and 3.3 assists while shooting 44% from three this past season.
Stauskas took to twitter on Thursday morning to deny the report:
Just wanted to reiterate that any reports about my future intenions are FALSE! I have NOT made ANY decisions on my future yet!
— Nik Stauskas (@NStauskas11) April 10, 2014
Stauskas is projected as the No. 16 pick in the draft according to Draft Express.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)