Apr 10, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Zach Price’s career with Missouri has ended before the 6-foot-10 forward even played a game.
Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith on Thursday, a punishment that stems from a pair of arrests for suspicion of assault and domestic assault on the same day.
“Last week’s situation was unacceptable and after a review, I have decided that Zach will no longer be a part of our program,” Coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “The off-the-court incidents involving our program over the past few months will not be tolerated. Our program represents the entire university and needs to be an asset. That’s my responsibility as our head coach at Mizzou and we’ll get it fixed.”
His first arrest came early last Thursday morning, when he was involved in an alleged dispute with his 23-year old roommate, later reported to be teammate Earnest Ross, and his roommate’s 23-year old girlfriend. He rammed a car that the two were driving in, trapping them in the vehicle and punching Ross in the face.
After he was arrested and released, he was arrested again later that evening. From the Columbia Tribune:
Ross also wrote that Price “tried to harm me and put me in danger. He performed illegal traffic violations in order to harm me and my vehicle” and that he “followed me while I was going to police station. My girlfriend was also in the vehicle.”
In describing why there was an immediate and present danger of abuse or stalking, Ross wrote “he has tried to harm me and my girlfriend in my vehicle, tried to run me off the road several times. I feel threatened by this activity and violated. He endangered my life and not only me but others around me. All I want is to feel safe.”
According to reports, Ross had filed for an order of protection against Price on April 2nd.
Price sat out this past season after transferring to Missouri from Louisville.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)