Apr 10, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Zach Price’s career with Missouri has ended before the 6-foot-10 forward even played a game.
Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith on Thursday, a punishment that stems from a pair of arrests for suspicion of assault and domestic assault on the same day.
“Last week’s situation was unacceptable and after a review, I have decided that Zach will no longer be a part of our program,” Coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “The off-the-court incidents involving our program over the past few months will not be tolerated. Our program represents the entire university and needs to be an asset. That’s my responsibility as our head coach at Mizzou and we’ll get it fixed.”
His first arrest came early last Thursday morning, when he was involved in an alleged dispute with his 23-year old roommate, later reported to be teammate Earnest Ross, and his roommate’s 23-year old girlfriend. He rammed a car that the two were driving in, trapping them in the vehicle and punching Ross in the face.
After he was arrested and released, he was arrested again later that evening. From the Columbia Tribune:
Ross also wrote that Price “tried to harm me and put me in danger. He performed illegal traffic violations in order to harm me and my vehicle” and that he “followed me while I was going to police station. My girlfriend was also in the vehicle.”
In describing why there was an immediate and present danger of abuse or stalking, Ross wrote “he has tried to harm me and my girlfriend in my vehicle, tried to run me off the road several times. I feel threatened by this activity and violated. He endangered my life and not only me but others around me. All I want is to feel safe.”
According to reports, Ross had filed for an order of protection against Price on April 2nd.
Price sat out this past season after transferring to Missouri from Louisville.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)