Apr 10, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Zach Price’s career with Missouri has ended before the 6-foot-10 forward even played a game.
Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith on Thursday, a punishment that stems from a pair of arrests for suspicion of assault and domestic assault on the same day.
“Last week’s situation was unacceptable and after a review, I have decided that Zach will no longer be a part of our program,” Coach Frank Haith said in a statement. “The off-the-court incidents involving our program over the past few months will not be tolerated. Our program represents the entire university and needs to be an asset. That’s my responsibility as our head coach at Mizzou and we’ll get it fixed.”
His first arrest came early last Thursday morning, when he was involved in an alleged dispute with his 23-year old roommate, later reported to be teammate Earnest Ross, and his roommate’s 23-year old girlfriend. He rammed a car that the two were driving in, trapping them in the vehicle and punching Ross in the face.
After he was arrested and released, he was arrested again later that evening. From the Columbia Tribune:
Ross also wrote that Price “tried to harm me and put me in danger. He performed illegal traffic violations in order to harm me and my vehicle” and that he “followed me while I was going to police station. My girlfriend was also in the vehicle.”
In describing why there was an immediate and present danger of abuse or stalking, Ross wrote “he has tried to harm me and my girlfriend in my vehicle, tried to run me off the road several times. I feel threatened by this activity and violated. He endangered my life and not only me but others around me. All I want is to feel safe.”
According to reports, Ross had filed for an order of protection against Price on April 2nd.
Price sat out this past season after transferring to Missouri from Louisville.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)