Apr 11, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
The transfer epidemic hit Dunk City on Friday as Florida Gulf Coast lost two players for next season, the program announced.
Redshirt junior Eric McKnight and sophomore guard Dajuan Graf will both leave the Eagles next season according to head coach Joe Dooley.
The 6-foot-9 McKnight averaged 6.9 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game this season for Florida Gulf Coast, but plans on graduating in May as he could turn professional or opt for a immediate fifth-year elsewhere. McKnight redshirted after transferring to the Eagles from Iowa State after his freshman season.
Graf, meanwhile, will look to play closer to his home in Charlotte, North Carolina. The 6-foot sophomore averaged 4.9 points and 2.1 assists per game as a reserve guard this season.
“Dajuan improved his game significantly from last year to this past season, and we’re extremely grateful for all of his contributions to FGCU the last two years.” Dooley said in the release. “Like Dajuan, Eric has also taken his game to the next level over the past year. He certainly will be missed, but we respect his decision to get his degree and begin the next chapter of his life. We wish both Dajuan and Eric nothing but the best moving forward as I believe both of their best basketball is still in front of them.”
The loss of two contributors hurts Florida Gulf Coast next season, but they return multiple key starters including Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Jamail Jones to a team that finished 22-13 and lost to Mercer in the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament title game.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)