Apr 11, 2014, 10:11 PM EST
The transfer epidemic hit Dunk City on Friday as Florida Gulf Coast lost two players for next season, the program announced.
Redshirt junior Eric McKnight and sophomore guard Dajuan Graf will both leave the Eagles next season according to head coach Joe Dooley.
The 6-foot-9 McKnight averaged 6.9 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game this season for Florida Gulf Coast, but plans on graduating in May as he could turn professional or opt for a immediate fifth-year elsewhere. McKnight redshirted after transferring to the Eagles from Iowa State after his freshman season.
Graf, meanwhile, will look to play closer to his home in Charlotte, North Carolina. The 6-foot sophomore averaged 4.9 points and 2.1 assists per game as a reserve guard this season.
“Dajuan improved his game significantly from last year to this past season, and we’re extremely grateful for all of his contributions to FGCU the last two years.” Dooley said in the release. “Like Dajuan, Eric has also taken his game to the next level over the past year. He certainly will be missed, but we respect his decision to get his degree and begin the next chapter of his life. We wish both Dajuan and Eric nothing but the best moving forward as I believe both of their best basketball is still in front of them.”
The loss of two contributors hurts Florida Gulf Coast next season, but they return multiple key starters including Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Jamail Jones to a team that finished 22-13 and lost to Mercer in the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament title game.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 2
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)