Apr 11, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Loyola forward Matt O’Leary will transfer from the Missouri Valley Conference program after his sophomore season, a source told College Basketball Talk on Friday night.
The news of O’Leary’s transfer was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
A 6-foot-8 native of Terre Haute, Indiana, O’Leary averaged 4.2 points, three rebounds and 1.9 assists in his sophomore season in which he averaged 20 minutes a game for the Ramblers.
O’Leary also saw 14 minutes of action a game in his freshman year — and was a key frontcourt contributor for Loyola the last two seasons — but the forward wasn’t producing towards the end of the 2013-14 season as O’Leary didn’t score in double-figures after December 13th win over Campbell.
Sophomore forward Nick Osborne and sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be counted on to carry more of the frontcourt burden for the Ramblers.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 6
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (6)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)