Apr 11, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Loyola forward Matt O’Leary will transfer from the Missouri Valley Conference program after his sophomore season, a source told College Basketball Talk on Friday night.
The news of O’Leary’s transfer was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
A 6-foot-8 native of Terre Haute, Indiana, O’Leary averaged 4.2 points, three rebounds and 1.9 assists in his sophomore season in which he averaged 20 minutes a game for the Ramblers.
O’Leary also saw 14 minutes of action a game in his freshman year — and was a key frontcourt contributor for Loyola the last two seasons — but the forward wasn’t producing towards the end of the 2013-14 season as O’Leary didn’t score in double-figures after December 13th win over Campbell.
Sophomore forward Nick Osborne and sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be counted on to carry more of the frontcourt burden for the Ramblers.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)