Apr 11, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Loyola forward Matt O’Leary will transfer from the Missouri Valley Conference program after his sophomore season, a source told College Basketball Talk on Friday night.
The news of O’Leary’s transfer was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
A 6-foot-8 native of Terre Haute, Indiana, O’Leary averaged 4.2 points, three rebounds and 1.9 assists in his sophomore season in which he averaged 20 minutes a game for the Ramblers.
O’Leary also saw 14 minutes of action a game in his freshman year — and was a key frontcourt contributor for Loyola the last two seasons — but the forward wasn’t producing towards the end of the 2013-14 season as O’Leary didn’t score in double-figures after December 13th win over Campbell.
Sophomore forward Nick Osborne and sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be counted on to carry more of the frontcourt burden for the Ramblers.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 1
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)