Apr 11, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Loyola forward Matt O’Leary will transfer from the Missouri Valley Conference program after his sophomore season, a source told College Basketball Talk on Friday night.
The news of O’Leary’s transfer was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
A 6-foot-8 native of Terre Haute, Indiana, O’Leary averaged 4.2 points, three rebounds and 1.9 assists in his sophomore season in which he averaged 20 minutes a game for the Ramblers.
O’Leary also saw 14 minutes of action a game in his freshman year — and was a key frontcourt contributor for Loyola the last two seasons — but the forward wasn’t producing towards the end of the 2013-14 season as O’Leary didn’t score in double-figures after December 13th win over Campbell.
Sophomore forward Nick Osborne and sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be counted on to carry more of the frontcourt burden for the Ramblers.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)
- Two new regular season college hoops events headed to Vegas (1)