Apr 11, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Loyola forward Matt O’Leary will transfer from the Missouri Valley Conference program after his sophomore season, a source told College Basketball Talk on Friday night.
The news of O’Leary’s transfer was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star.
A 6-foot-8 native of Terre Haute, Indiana, O’Leary averaged 4.2 points, three rebounds and 1.9 assists in his sophomore season in which he averaged 20 minutes a game for the Ramblers.
O’Leary also saw 14 minutes of action a game in his freshman year — and was a key frontcourt contributor for Loyola the last two seasons — but the forward wasn’t producing towards the end of the 2013-14 season as O’Leary didn’t score in double-figures after December 13th win over Campbell.
Sophomore forward Nick Osborne and sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be counted on to carry more of the frontcourt burden for the Ramblers.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)