Apr 12, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
After sitting out much of the 2013-14 season with injury, former Louisville guard Kevin Ware will look for a fresh start to his college basketball career by transferring to Georgia State, Ware announced on Twitter late Friday night.
Ware only played in nine games during the 2013-14 season after making a miraculous return from the broken right leg he famously suffered during the 2013 Elite 8 win over Duke. Ware returned to play in the exhibition opener against Pikeville College on November 6th but the junior shut it down after re-injuring the right leg again in mid-December.
Ware will seek a medical redshirt for the lost season. The Georgia native averaged 16.6 minutes a game during his sophomore season at Louisville but averaged less than six minutes a game during his freshman year and limited junior season.
Among those showing the most support for Ware’s decision is former Kentucky transfer and Georgia State point guard Ryan Harrow, who also transferred to the Sun Belt program from the basketball-crazy Bluegrass State.
If Ware is eligible to play in the 2014-15 season because of the medical redshirt, a perimeter attack of Harrow, Ware and super sophomore R.J. Hunter would likely make Georgia State the favorite in the Sun Belt next season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)