Apr 12, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s been a rough weekend for the Loyola Ramblers as it was reported by the Indianapolis Star‘s Kyle Neddenriep on Saturday afternoon that sophomore forward Nick Osborne intends to transfer.
The news of Osborne’s release comes a day after Loyola forward Matt O’Leary also received his release from the school. Both forwards are sophomores and Indiana natives and it leaves Loyola with a hole in their frontcourt for next season.
The 6-foot-8 Osborne averaged 5.4 points and four rebounds on 50 percent shooting in 28 games last season for the Ramblers, who finished 10-22 (4-14) during their first season in the Valley.
Sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be asked to carry more minutes for the Ramblers next season unless some new pieces emerge.
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 0
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 1
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)