Apr 12, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s been a rough weekend for the Loyola Ramblers as it was reported by the Indianapolis Star‘s Kyle Neddenriep on Saturday afternoon that sophomore forward Nick Osborne intends to transfer.
The news of Osborne’s release comes a day after Loyola forward Matt O’Leary also received his release from the school. Both forwards are sophomores and Indiana natives and it leaves Loyola with a hole in their frontcourt for next season.
The 6-foot-8 Osborne averaged 5.4 points and four rebounds on 50 percent shooting in 28 games last season for the Ramblers, who finished 10-22 (4-14) during their first season in the Valley.
Sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be asked to carry more minutes for the Ramblers next season unless some new pieces emerge.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)