Apr 12, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s been a rough weekend for the Loyola Ramblers as it was reported by the Indianapolis Star‘s Kyle Neddenriep on Saturday afternoon that sophomore forward Nick Osborne intends to transfer.
The news of Osborne’s release comes a day after Loyola forward Matt O’Leary also received his release from the school. Both forwards are sophomores and Indiana natives and it leaves Loyola with a hole in their frontcourt for next season.
The 6-foot-8 Osborne averaged 5.4 points and four rebounds on 50 percent shooting in 28 games last season for the Ramblers, who finished 10-22 (4-14) during their first season in the Valley.
Sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be asked to carry more minutes for the Ramblers next season unless some new pieces emerge.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)