Apr 12, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s been a rough weekend for the Loyola Ramblers as it was reported by the Indianapolis Star‘s Kyle Neddenriep on Saturday afternoon that sophomore forward Nick Osborne intends to transfer.
The news of Osborne’s release comes a day after Loyola forward Matt O’Leary also received his release from the school. Both forwards are sophomores and Indiana natives and it leaves Loyola with a hole in their frontcourt for next season.
The 6-foot-8 Osborne averaged 5.4 points and four rebounds on 50 percent shooting in 28 games last season for the Ramblers, who finished 10-22 (4-14) during their first season in the Valley.
Sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be asked to carry more minutes for the Ramblers next season unless some new pieces emerge.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)