Apr 12, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s been a rough weekend for the Loyola Ramblers as it was reported by the Indianapolis Star‘s Kyle Neddenriep on Saturday afternoon that sophomore forward Nick Osborne intends to transfer.
The news of Osborne’s release comes a day after Loyola forward Matt O’Leary also received his release from the school. Both forwards are sophomores and Indiana natives and it leaves Loyola with a hole in their frontcourt for next season.
The 6-foot-8 Osborne averaged 5.4 points and four rebounds on 50 percent shooting in 28 games last season for the Ramblers, who finished 10-22 (4-14) during their first season in the Valley.
Sophomore center Cody Johnson will now be asked to carry more minutes for the Ramblers next season unless some new pieces emerge.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)