Apr 12, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Kansas commit Kelly Oubre is one of the better wings in the 2014 class and the bouncy southpaw is currently in Portland for this weekend’s Nike Hoop Summit after playing in the McDonald’s All-American Game last week.
On Friday, Oubre had a dunk during a Team USA scrimmage that got Twitter buzzing as the 6-foot-7 Texas native took a pass from Duke commit Tyus Jones — off of a steal — and powered home an impressive finish over former Oregon forward Mike Moser. Moser was among a group of former college players scrimmaging against Team USA this week as they prepare to face the World Team on Saturday.
Oubre, the No. 12 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, is certainly capable of highlight-reel dunks and should have his fair share of opportunities to posterize defenders next season in Lawrence.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)