Apr 12, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Kansas commit Kelly Oubre is one of the better wings in the 2014 class and the bouncy southpaw is currently in Portland for this weekend’s Nike Hoop Summit after playing in the McDonald’s All-American Game last week.
On Friday, Oubre had a dunk during a Team USA scrimmage that got Twitter buzzing as the 6-foot-7 Texas native took a pass from Duke commit Tyus Jones — off of a steal — and powered home an impressive finish over former Oregon forward Mike Moser. Moser was among a group of former college players scrimmaging against Team USA this week as they prepare to face the World Team on Saturday.
Oubre, the No. 12 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, is certainly capable of highlight-reel dunks and should have his fair share of opportunities to posterize defenders next season in Lawrence.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)