Apr 12, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Kansas commit Kelly Oubre is one of the better wings in the 2014 class and the bouncy southpaw is currently in Portland for this weekend’s Nike Hoop Summit after playing in the McDonald’s All-American Game last week.
On Friday, Oubre had a dunk during a Team USA scrimmage that got Twitter buzzing as the 6-foot-7 Texas native took a pass from Duke commit Tyus Jones — off of a steal — and powered home an impressive finish over former Oregon forward Mike Moser. Moser was among a group of former college players scrimmaging against Team USA this week as they prepare to face the World Team on Saturday.
Oubre, the No. 12 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, is certainly capable of highlight-reel dunks and should have his fair share of opportunities to posterize defenders next season in Lawrence.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)