Apr 12, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Kansas commit Kelly Oubre is one of the better wings in the 2014 class and the bouncy southpaw is currently in Portland for this weekend’s Nike Hoop Summit after playing in the McDonald’s All-American Game last week.
On Friday, Oubre had a dunk during a Team USA scrimmage that got Twitter buzzing as the 6-foot-7 Texas native took a pass from Duke commit Tyus Jones — off of a steal — and powered home an impressive finish over former Oregon forward Mike Moser. Moser was among a group of former college players scrimmaging against Team USA this week as they prepare to face the World Team on Saturday.
Oubre, the No. 12 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, is certainly capable of highlight-reel dunks and should have his fair share of opportunities to posterize defenders next season in Lawrence.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)