Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Kentucky commit Karl Towns is currently in the midst of a solid two-week stretch.
The 7-foot center was one of the featured attractions at the McDonald’s All-American Game last week in Chicago and Towns looked much more athletic and mobile when I caught him in practices during the week.
It looks like Towns, a native of Metuchen, New Jersey, is doing more of the same at this week’s Nike Hoop Summit out in Portland. Towns put one on some defender’s head earlier this week and CityLeagueHoopsTV was there to catch it.
Towns, the No. 11 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, also measured well at the Nike Hoop Summit as the center measured in at 7-feet tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and 9-foot-5 standing reach.
With that kind of size with emerging athleticism and a solid skill set, Towns should be an immediate contributor in Lexington next season.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0