Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Kentucky commit Karl Towns is currently in the midst of a solid two-week stretch.
The 7-foot center was one of the featured attractions at the McDonald’s All-American Game last week in Chicago and Towns looked much more athletic and mobile when I caught him in practices during the week.
It looks like Towns, a native of Metuchen, New Jersey, is doing more of the same at this week’s Nike Hoop Summit out in Portland. Towns put one on some defender’s head earlier this week and CityLeagueHoopsTV was there to catch it.
Towns, the No. 11 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, also measured well at the Nike Hoop Summit as the center measured in at 7-feet tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and 9-foot-5 standing reach.
With that kind of size with emerging athleticism and a solid skill set, Towns should be an immediate contributor in Lexington next season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)