Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Kentucky commit Karl Towns is currently in the midst of a solid two-week stretch.
The 7-foot center was one of the featured attractions at the McDonald’s All-American Game last week in Chicago and Towns looked much more athletic and mobile when I caught him in practices during the week.
It looks like Towns, a native of Metuchen, New Jersey, is doing more of the same at this week’s Nike Hoop Summit out in Portland. Towns put one on some defender’s head earlier this week and CityLeagueHoopsTV was there to catch it.
Towns, the No. 11 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, also measured well at the Nike Hoop Summit as the center measured in at 7-feet tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and 9-foot-5 standing reach.
With that kind of size with emerging athleticism and a solid skill set, Towns should be an immediate contributor in Lexington next season.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 4
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 17
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 4
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (17)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)