Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Kentucky commit Karl Towns is currently in the midst of a solid two-week stretch.
The 7-foot center was one of the featured attractions at the McDonald’s All-American Game last week in Chicago and Towns looked much more athletic and mobile when I caught him in practices during the week.
It looks like Towns, a native of Metuchen, New Jersey, is doing more of the same at this week’s Nike Hoop Summit out in Portland. Towns put one on some defender’s head earlier this week and CityLeagueHoopsTV was there to catch it.
Towns, the No. 11 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, also measured well at the Nike Hoop Summit as the center measured in at 7-feet tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and 9-foot-5 standing reach.
With that kind of size with emerging athleticism and a solid skill set, Towns should be an immediate contributor in Lexington next season.
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)