Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Kentucky commit Karl Towns is currently in the midst of a solid two-week stretch.
The 7-foot center was one of the featured attractions at the McDonald’s All-American Game last week in Chicago and Towns looked much more athletic and mobile when I caught him in practices during the week.
It looks like Towns, a native of Metuchen, New Jersey, is doing more of the same at this week’s Nike Hoop Summit out in Portland. Towns put one on some defender’s head earlier this week and CityLeagueHoopsTV was there to catch it.
Towns, the No. 11 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2014 national rankings, also measured well at the Nike Hoop Summit as the center measured in at 7-feet tall with a 7-foot-3 wingspan and 9-foot-5 standing reach.
With that kind of size with emerging athleticism and a solid skill set, Towns should be an immediate contributor in Lexington next season.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (5)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)