Apr 12, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
One of the first orders of business for a head coach when he takes over a new position is filling out the coaching staff. And according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, new Boston College head coach Jim Christian has taken a step in that direction as Maryland assistant Scott Spinelli is expected to make the move north.
Spinelli’s been a member of Mark Turgeon’s coaching staff since 2006, when he joined Turgeon as his associate head coach at Wichita State. With Spinelli’s connections in New England, as he graduated from Boston University and is a native of Massachusetts, the hope is that his presence on the staff will help Boston College recruit the region and its many prep school with greater success.
That was an issue under the prior staff. And while they were able to grab some talented players from other parts of the country, the inability to enjoy sustained success in recruiting those prep schools hurt Steve Donahue and his staff.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (5)