Apr 12, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
One of the first orders of business for a head coach when he takes over a new position is filling out the coaching staff. And according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, new Boston College head coach Jim Christian has taken a step in that direction as Maryland assistant Scott Spinelli is expected to make the move north.
Spinelli’s been a member of Mark Turgeon’s coaching staff since 2006, when he joined Turgeon as his associate head coach at Wichita State. With Spinelli’s connections in New England, as he graduated from Boston University and is a native of Massachusetts, the hope is that his presence on the staff will help Boston College recruit the region and its many prep school with greater success.
That was an issue under the prior staff. And while they were able to grab some talented players from other parts of the country, the inability to enjoy sustained success in recruiting those prep schools hurt Steve Donahue and his staff.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)