Apr 12, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
One of the first orders of business for a head coach when he takes over a new position is filling out the coaching staff. And according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, new Boston College head coach Jim Christian has taken a step in that direction as Maryland assistant Scott Spinelli is expected to make the move north.
Spinelli’s been a member of Mark Turgeon’s coaching staff since 2006, when he joined Turgeon as his associate head coach at Wichita State. With Spinelli’s connections in New England, as he graduated from Boston University and is a native of Massachusetts, the hope is that his presence on the staff will help Boston College recruit the region and its many prep school with greater success.
That was an issue under the prior staff. And while they were able to grab some talented players from other parts of the country, the inability to enjoy sustained success in recruiting those prep schools hurt Steve Donahue and his staff.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)