Apr 12, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
One of the first orders of business for a head coach when he takes over a new position is filling out the coaching staff. And according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, new Boston College head coach Jim Christian has taken a step in that direction as Maryland assistant Scott Spinelli is expected to make the move north.
Spinelli’s been a member of Mark Turgeon’s coaching staff since 2006, when he joined Turgeon as his associate head coach at Wichita State. With Spinelli’s connections in New England, as he graduated from Boston University and is a native of Massachusetts, the hope is that his presence on the staff will help Boston College recruit the region and its many prep school with greater success.
That was an issue under the prior staff. And while they were able to grab some talented players from other parts of the country, the inability to enjoy sustained success in recruiting those prep schools hurt Steve Donahue and his staff.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)