Apr 12, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
One of the first orders of business for a head coach when he takes over a new position is filling out the coaching staff. And according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, new Boston College head coach Jim Christian has taken a step in that direction as Maryland assistant Scott Spinelli is expected to make the move north.
Spinelli’s been a member of Mark Turgeon’s coaching staff since 2006, when he joined Turgeon as his associate head coach at Wichita State. With Spinelli’s connections in New England, as he graduated from Boston University and is a native of Massachusetts, the hope is that his presence on the staff will help Boston College recruit the region and its many prep school with greater success.
That was an issue under the prior staff. And while they were able to grab some talented players from other parts of the country, the inability to enjoy sustained success in recruiting those prep schools hurt Steve Donahue and his staff.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)