Apr 13, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
New Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl added a front court commitment Sunday, with Chipola (Fla.) College forward Cinmeon Bowers announcing via Twitter that he’ll attend the SEC school in the fall. Bowers, who at one point in time was a Florida State signee, is a 6-foot-7 power forward and the decision comes at the completion of his official visit to Auburn.
As a sophomore Bowers averaged 12.4 points and 8.9 rebounds per game, shooting 47.2% from the field. Bowers grabbed ten or more rebounds in seven games this past season, with a high of 15 coming in a win over Georgia Perimeter College in early November (he also scored 29 points in that game).
Auburn, which was a young team in the front court this past season, ranked ninth in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage (66.9%) and tenth in offensive rebounding percentage (31.8%). Bowers has the ability to help the Tigers in these areas.
As noted above Bowers was originally a Florida State signee, committing to the ACC school in the fall and signing a National Letter of Intent during the early signing period. But in March the school decided to release Bowers from the NLI.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)