Apr 13, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
After making the decision to leave the Boston University program, guard Maurice Watson Jr. became one of the most highly-regarded players on the transfer market. Sunday afternoon Watson announced via his Twitter account that he’s committed to Creighton and will finish out his college career at the Big East school.
Watson announced his decision after visiting Creighton this weekend.
Watson will have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’s an important addition given the fact that both Austin Chatman and Devin Brooks will be seniors next year. As a sophomore at BU Watson averaged 13.3 points and 7.1 assists per game, earning first team All-Patriot League honors.
Watson becomes the third member of Creighton’s 2014 recruiting class, with small forwards Ronnie Harrell and Leon Gilmore III having already signed a National Letter of Intent.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)