Apr 13, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
After making the decision to leave the Boston University program, guard Maurice Watson Jr. became one of the most highly-regarded players on the transfer market. Sunday afternoon Watson announced via his Twitter account that he’s committed to Creighton and will finish out his college career at the Big East school.
Watson announced his decision after visiting Creighton this weekend.
Watson will have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’s an important addition given the fact that both Austin Chatman and Devin Brooks will be seniors next year. As a sophomore at BU Watson averaged 13.3 points and 7.1 assists per game, earning first team All-Patriot League honors.
Watson becomes the third member of Creighton’s 2014 recruiting class, with small forwards Ronnie Harrell and Leon Gilmore III having already signed a National Letter of Intent.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)