Apr 13, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
After making the decision to leave the Boston University program, guard Maurice Watson Jr. became one of the most highly-regarded players on the transfer market. Sunday afternoon Watson announced via his Twitter account that he’s committed to Creighton and will finish out his college career at the Big East school.
Watson announced his decision after visiting Creighton this weekend.
Watson will have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’s an important addition given the fact that both Austin Chatman and Devin Brooks will be seniors next year. As a sophomore at BU Watson averaged 13.3 points and 7.1 assists per game, earning first team All-Patriot League honors.
Watson becomes the third member of Creighton’s 2014 recruiting class, with small forwards Ronnie Harrell and Leon Gilmore III having already signed a National Letter of Intent.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)