Apr 13, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
After making the decision to leave the Boston University program, guard Maurice Watson Jr. became one of the most highly-regarded players on the transfer market. Sunday afternoon Watson announced via his Twitter account that he’s committed to Creighton and will finish out his college career at the Big East school.
Watson announced his decision after visiting Creighton this weekend.
Watson will have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’s an important addition given the fact that both Austin Chatman and Devin Brooks will be seniors next year. As a sophomore at BU Watson averaged 13.3 points and 7.1 assists per game, earning first team All-Patriot League honors.
Watson becomes the third member of Creighton’s 2014 recruiting class, with small forwards Ronnie Harrell and Leon Gilmore III having already signed a National Letter of Intent.
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)