Apr 13, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg has dipped into the graduate transfer pool once again, this time landing former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones on Sunday evening.
The 6-foot-5 transfer announced his decision, via Twitter, following his visit to Ames.
“Had a great weekend in Ames my first time there but won’t be the last. I’ve decided I wanna be a Cyclone!” he tweeted.
On March 17, UNLV head coach announced Dejean-Jones would not return to the program.Dejean-Jones, the team’s leading scorer at 13.6 points per game, left the Runnin’ Rebels on a sour note, earning a suspension for the regular season finale against Nevada on March 8 for a post-game incident following the Rebels’ loss to San Diego State three days prior.
Dejean-Jones can be immediately eligible for the 2014-2015 season granted he graduates this spring. He will join Blue Valley Northwest High (Kan.) point guard Clay Custer, a four recruit according to Rivals, in the Cyclones’ incoming class.
Hoiberg has had great success with transfers over the years, DeAndre Kane being the latest example. Kane has exhausted his eligibility, meaning The Mayor will look to reload the Iowa State back court with Dejean-Jones in his final collegiate season. With Georges Niang, Dustin Hogue and Naz Long returning, Transfer U should be projected to finish near the top of the Big 12 standings next season.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)