Apr 13, 2014, 5:49 PM EST
Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg has dipped into the graduate transfer pool once again, this time landing former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones on Sunday evening.
The 6-foot-5 transfer announced his decision, via Twitter, following his visit to Ames.
“Had a great weekend in Ames my first time there but won’t be the last. I’ve decided I wanna be a Cyclone!” he tweeted.
On March 17, UNLV head coach announced Dejean-Jones would not return to the program.Dejean-Jones, the team’s leading scorer at 13.6 points per game, left the Runnin’ Rebels on a sour note, earning a suspension for the regular season finale against Nevada on March 8 for a post-game incident following the Rebels’ loss to San Diego State three days prior.
Dejean-Jones can be immediately eligible for the 2014-2015 season granted he graduates this spring. He will join Blue Valley Northwest High (Kan.) point guard Clay Custer, a four recruit according to Rivals, in the Cyclones’ incoming class.
Hoiberg has had great success with transfers over the years, DeAndre Kane being the latest example. Kane has exhausted his eligibility, meaning The Mayor will look to reload the Iowa State back court with Dejean-Jones in his final collegiate season. With Georges Niang, Dustin Hogue and Naz Long returning, Transfer U should be projected to finish near the top of the Big 12 standings next season.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)