Apr 13, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Six days ago, the UConn men’s basketball team won its second National Title in four years. A day later, the UConn women did one better, completing a perfect 40-0 season and successfully defending its championship from the previous year.
The Huskies reestablished Storrs, Conn. as the home of college basketball, and on Sunday afternoon Connecticut celebrated the teams’ accomplishments with a parade in the state’s capital, Hartford.
According to the Associated Press, more than 200,000 fans lined the streets for the largest crowd in the Hartford over the last two decades.
Here are some of the images from the day’s events:
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)