Apr 13, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Six days ago, the UConn men’s basketball team won its second National Title in four years. A day later, the UConn women did one better, completing a perfect 40-0 season and successfully defending its championship from the previous year.
The Huskies reestablished Storrs, Conn. as the home of college basketball, and on Sunday afternoon Connecticut celebrated the teams’ accomplishments with a parade in the state’s capital, Hartford.
According to the Associated Press, more than 200,000 fans lined the streets for the largest crowd in the Hartford over the last two decades.
Here are some of the images from the day’s events:
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)