Apr 13, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Six days ago, the UConn men’s basketball team won its second National Title in four years. A day later, the UConn women did one better, completing a perfect 40-0 season and successfully defending its championship from the previous year.
The Huskies reestablished Storrs, Conn. as the home of college basketball, and on Sunday afternoon Connecticut celebrated the teams’ accomplishments with a parade in the state’s capital, Hartford.
According to the Associated Press, more than 200,000 fans lined the streets for the largest crowd in the Hartford over the last two decades.
Here are some of the images from the day’s events:
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 9
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (9)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)