Apr 13, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Six days ago, the UConn men’s basketball team won its second National Title in four years. A day later, the UConn women did one better, completing a perfect 40-0 season and successfully defending its championship from the previous year.
The Huskies reestablished Storrs, Conn. as the home of college basketball, and on Sunday afternoon Connecticut celebrated the teams’ accomplishments with a parade in the state’s capital, Hartford.
According to the Associated Press, more than 200,000 fans lined the streets for the largest crowd in the Hartford over the last two decades.
Here are some of the images from the day’s events:
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0