Apr 13, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Six days ago, the UConn men’s basketball team won its second National Title in four years. A day later, the UConn women did one better, completing a perfect 40-0 season and successfully defending its championship from the previous year.
The Huskies reestablished Storrs, Conn. as the home of college basketball, and on Sunday afternoon Connecticut celebrated the teams’ accomplishments with a parade in the state’s capital, Hartford.
According to the Associated Press, more than 200,000 fans lined the streets for the largest crowd in the Hartford over the last two decades.
Here are some of the images from the day’s events:
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)