Apr 13, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
With Graham Woodward’s decision to transfer, another spot opened up in Penn State head coach Pat Chambers’ perimeter rotation. And on Sunday he added to his depth for the 2014-15 season, reeling in Vincennes (Ind.) JC point guard Devin Foster.
Foster’s ability to run the point will help Penn State next season, with D.J. Newbill leading the way amongst the perimeter players expected to contribute. As a sophomore at Vincennes, Foster averaged 12.2 points and 4.8 assists per game, with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.2. With Tim Frazier having graduated, Foster’s addition is an important one for Penn State.
Foster’s best offensive performance of the season came in a win over Richard J. Daley College in early January, as he scored 28 points on 10-for-14 shooting from the field. His best outing from a distribution standpoint was an 11-assist, one-turnover performance in a win over Lindsey Wilson on November 19.
Foster is one of three newcomers joining the Penn State backcourt next season, with Shep Garner and Isaiah Washington being the others. In addition to Newbill, Penn State returns John Johnson and Geno Thorpe to its perimeter rotation.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)