Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
In honor of the UConn women’s team’s ninth national title, one in which the Huskies finished with an unblemished record of 40-0, shoe customizer Mache (Dan Gamache) collaborated with Nike to make a special Kobe IX for head coach Geno Auriemma.
The details on the shoe are impressive to say the least, with the UConn logo (both the old and new Husky logos appear on the shoe, in fact) and words/phrases such as “tradition,” “never graduate,” and “Geno” within the design. And for those hopeful that more will be produced, these will be the only pair made. And they’re for the head coach.
Photo credits: Mache275 Instagram
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)