Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EST
In honor of the UConn women’s team’s ninth national title, one in which the Huskies finished with an unblemished record of 40-0, shoe customizer Mache (Dan Gamache) collaborated with Nike to make a special Kobe IX for head coach Geno Auriemma.
The details on the shoe are impressive to say the least, with the UConn logo (both the old and new Husky logos appear on the shoe, in fact) and words/phrases such as “tradition,” “never graduate,” and “Geno” within the design. And for those hopeful that more will be produced, these will be the only pair made. And they’re for the head coach.
Photo credits: Mache275 Instagram
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)