Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
In honor of the UConn women’s team’s ninth national title, one in which the Huskies finished with an unblemished record of 40-0, shoe customizer Mache (Dan Gamache) collaborated with Nike to make a special Kobe IX for head coach Geno Auriemma.
The details on the shoe are impressive to say the least, with the UConn logo (both the old and new Husky logos appear on the shoe, in fact) and words/phrases such as “tradition,” “never graduate,” and “Geno” within the design. And for those hopeful that more will be produced, these will be the only pair made. And they’re for the head coach.
Photo credits: Mache275 Instagram
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)