Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
In honor of the UConn women’s team’s ninth national title, one in which the Huskies finished with an unblemished record of 40-0, shoe customizer Mache (Dan Gamache) collaborated with Nike to make a special Kobe IX for head coach Geno Auriemma.
The details on the shoe are impressive to say the least, with the UConn logo (both the old and new Husky logos appear on the shoe, in fact) and words/phrases such as “tradition,” “never graduate,” and “Geno” within the design. And for those hopeful that more will be produced, these will be the only pair made. And they’re for the head coach.
Photo credits: Mache275 Instagram
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)