Apr 13, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
In honor of the UConn women’s team’s ninth national title, one in which the Huskies finished with an unblemished record of 40-0, shoe customizer Mache (Dan Gamache) collaborated with Nike to make a special Kobe IX for head coach Geno Auriemma.
The details on the shoe are impressive to say the least, with the UConn logo (both the old and new Husky logos appear on the shoe, in fact) and words/phrases such as “tradition,” “never graduate,” and “Geno” within the design. And for those hopeful that more will be produced, these will be the only pair made. And they’re for the head coach.
Photo credits: Mache275 Instagram
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)