Apr 14, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
The University of Maine announced on Monday that they would be buying out the contract of head coach Ted Woodward, ending his ten-year tenure in Orono.
“I would like to thank Ted for his service to the University of Maine, the last 18 years as both a head coach and an assistant,” said Director of Athletics Karlton Creech. “Ted’s commitment to the University of Maine and its student-athletes — both athletically and academically — have been the trademark of his tenure here.”
Woodward had a record of 117-178 in his ten seasons. He will be paid a 13-month buyout of $113,800.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)