Apr 14, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
The University of Maine announced on Monday that they would be buying out the contract of head coach Ted Woodward, ending his ten-year tenure in Orono.
“I would like to thank Ted for his service to the University of Maine, the last 18 years as both a head coach and an assistant,” said Director of Athletics Karlton Creech. “Ted’s commitment to the University of Maine and its student-athletes — both athletically and academically — have been the trademark of his tenure here.”
Woodward had a record of 117-178 in his ten seasons. He will be paid a 13-month buyout of $113,800.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)