Apr 14, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
The news for Michigan continued on Monday afternoon as sophomore wing Nik Stauskas took to Twitter to set an announcement for his 2014 NBA Draft decision, which will come on Tuesday at a press conference.
The Big Ten Player of the Year averaged 17.5 points, 2.9 rebounds and 3.3 assists a game for the Wolverines during his sophomore season while also shooting some ridiculous percentages from all over the floor (47% FG, 82% FT, 44% 3PT).
Draft Express currently has the 6-foot-6 Stauskas at No. 14 in their latest 2014 NBA Draft mock draft.
Earlier on Monday, it was reported by Jake Fischer of the Boston Globe that Glenn Robinson III would declare for the 2014 NBA Draft and the Wolverines are also awaiting a decision from sophomore big man Mitch McGary, who missed most of the 2013-14 season with a back injury.
Although Stauskas took the initiative to set an announcement date, the Michigan press release doesn’t specify that the press conference is strictly for Stauskas.
ESPN’s Jeff Goodman confirmed on Monday night that Stauskas and Robinson will participate in Tuesday’s press conference while MLive’s Brendan F. Quinn confirmed that McGary is still figuring things out and won’t participate in the presser, which is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. EST at Crisler Arena.
Quinn spoke with Mitch McGary’s father, Tim, who gave the latest on his son’s decision:
“He’s still back and forth on it,” Tim McGary said.
Tim McGary said he expects to meet with Mitch McGary on Wednesday during Michigan’s annual basketball banquet to discuss the decision further.
“As far as I know, he hasn’t decided anything,” said Tim McGary who was asked if there was any chance his son would make any announcement during Tuesday’s press conference and joked, “He better not.”
If Stauskas were to leave — and likely Robinson III, as well — Michigan would rely on sophomore Caris LeVert and freshman Zak Irvin to handle the majority of the minutes on the wing next season.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)