Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Arizona freshman Aaron Gordon will announce this week his intentions to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Gordon averaged 12.4 points and 8.0 boards this past season for Arizona. He was the most versatile defender on the best defensive team in the country, and while his supreme athleticism and terrific motor allowed him to make some spectacular plays throughout the season, Gordon’s upside at the NBA level will be limited until he learns how to consistently shoot the ball.
Gordon shot 35.6% from beyond the arc, taking just 45 threes on the season, and just 42.2% from the free throw line.
Gordon is projected as the No. 8 pick in the draft by Draft Express, so his decision to leave school is not a surprise. Sean Miller was ready for this. What he’s waiting for now, however, is for Nick Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to announce their plans for next season. We ranked Arizona as the No. 1 team in the country in the preseason under the assumption that Gordon and Johnson will be heading to the NBA.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)