Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Arizona freshman Aaron Gordon will announce this week his intentions to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Gordon averaged 12.4 points and 8.0 boards this past season for Arizona. He was the most versatile defender on the best defensive team in the country, and while his supreme athleticism and terrific motor allowed him to make some spectacular plays throughout the season, Gordon’s upside at the NBA level will be limited until he learns how to consistently shoot the ball.
Gordon shot 35.6% from beyond the arc, taking just 45 threes on the season, and just 42.2% from the free throw line.
Gordon is projected as the No. 8 pick in the draft by Draft Express, so his decision to leave school is not a surprise. Sean Miller was ready for this. What he’s waiting for now, however, is for Nick Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to announce their plans for next season. We ranked Arizona as the No. 1 team in the country in the preseason under the assumption that Gordon and Johnson will be heading to the NBA.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)