Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Arizona freshman Aaron Gordon will announce this week his intentions to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Gordon averaged 12.4 points and 8.0 boards this past season for Arizona. He was the most versatile defender on the best defensive team in the country, and while his supreme athleticism and terrific motor allowed him to make some spectacular plays throughout the season, Gordon’s upside at the NBA level will be limited until he learns how to consistently shoot the ball.
Gordon shot 35.6% from beyond the arc, taking just 45 threes on the season, and just 42.2% from the free throw line.
Gordon is projected as the No. 8 pick in the draft by Draft Express, so his decision to leave school is not a surprise. Sean Miller was ready for this. What he’s waiting for now, however, is for Nick Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to announce their plans for next season. We ranked Arizona as the No. 1 team in the country in the preseason under the assumption that Gordon and Johnson will be heading to the NBA.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)