Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Arizona freshman Aaron Gordon will announce this week his intentions to enter the NBA Draft, according to a report from Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Gordon averaged 12.4 points and 8.0 boards this past season for Arizona. He was the most versatile defender on the best defensive team in the country, and while his supreme athleticism and terrific motor allowed him to make some spectacular plays throughout the season, Gordon’s upside at the NBA level will be limited until he learns how to consistently shoot the ball.
Gordon shot 35.6% from beyond the arc, taking just 45 threes on the season, and just 42.2% from the free throw line.
Gordon is projected as the No. 8 pick in the draft by Draft Express, so his decision to leave school is not a surprise. Sean Miller was ready for this. What he’s waiting for now, however, is for Nick Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to announce their plans for next season. We ranked Arizona as the No. 1 team in the country in the preseason under the assumption that Gordon and Johnson will be heading to the NBA.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)