Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
Syracuse continues to build solid momentum on the recruiting trail as the Orange picked up another commitment in the 2015 class on Monday night in 6-foot-5 guard Franklin Howard. Howard gave his pledge to Syracuse and head coach Jim Boeheim during a press conference on his 17th birthday on Monday night.
The 6-foot-5 Howard is a native of Fairfax, Virginia and is currently regarded as Rivals.com’s No. 58 player in the 2015 national class. Howard, who attends basketball powerhouse Paul VI High School, missed his entire junior season this year after tearing his ACL last July.
As a player, Howard is long and lanky and can play both guard spots and could be groomed to be a tall point guard at Syracuse, similar to the development of former Orange star Michael Carter-Williams.
Howard joins two fellow four-star prospects in forward Tyler Lydon and shooting guard Malachi Richardson to form Syracuse’s 2015 recruiting class.
(H/T: CSN Baltimore)
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1