Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
Syracuse continues to build solid momentum on the recruiting trail as the Orange picked up another commitment in the 2015 class on Monday night in 6-foot-5 guard Franklin Howard. Howard gave his pledge to Syracuse and head coach Jim Boeheim during a press conference on his 17th birthday on Monday night.
The 6-foot-5 Howard is a native of Fairfax, Virginia and is currently regarded as Rivals.com’s No. 58 player in the 2015 national class. Howard, who attends basketball powerhouse Paul VI High School, missed his entire junior season this year after tearing his ACL last July.
As a player, Howard is long and lanky and can play both guard spots and could be groomed to be a tall point guard at Syracuse, similar to the development of former Orange star Michael Carter-Williams.
Howard joins two fellow four-star prospects in forward Tyler Lydon and shooting guard Malachi Richardson to form Syracuse’s 2015 recruiting class.
(H/T: CSN Baltimore)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)