Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
Syracuse continues to build solid momentum on the recruiting trail as the Orange picked up another commitment in the 2015 class on Monday night in 6-foot-5 guard Franklin Howard. Howard gave his pledge to Syracuse and head coach Jim Boeheim during a press conference on his 17th birthday on Monday night.
The 6-foot-5 Howard is a native of Fairfax, Virginia and is currently regarded as Rivals.com’s No. 58 player in the 2015 national class. Howard, who attends basketball powerhouse Paul VI High School, missed his entire junior season this year after tearing his ACL last July.
As a player, Howard is long and lanky and can play both guard spots and could be groomed to be a tall point guard at Syracuse, similar to the development of former Orange star Michael Carter-Williams.
Howard joins two fellow four-star prospects in forward Tyler Lydon and shooting guard Malachi Richardson to form Syracuse’s 2015 recruiting class.
(H/T: CSN Baltimore)
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)