Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
Syracuse continues to build solid momentum on the recruiting trail as the Orange picked up another commitment in the 2015 class on Monday night in 6-foot-5 guard Franklin Howard. Howard gave his pledge to Syracuse and head coach Jim Boeheim during a press conference on his 17th birthday on Monday night.
The 6-foot-5 Howard is a native of Fairfax, Virginia and is currently regarded as Rivals.com’s No. 58 player in the 2015 national class. Howard, who attends basketball powerhouse Paul VI High School, missed his entire junior season this year after tearing his ACL last July.
As a player, Howard is long and lanky and can play both guard spots and could be groomed to be a tall point guard at Syracuse, similar to the development of former Orange star Michael Carter-Williams.
Howard joins two fellow four-star prospects in forward Tyler Lydon and shooting guard Malachi Richardson to form Syracuse’s 2015 recruiting class.
(H/T: CSN Baltimore)
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 0
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)