Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
Syracuse continues to build solid momentum on the recruiting trail as the Orange picked up another commitment in the 2015 class on Monday night in 6-foot-5 guard Franklin Howard. Howard gave his pledge to Syracuse and head coach Jim Boeheim during a press conference on his 17th birthday on Monday night.
The 6-foot-5 Howard is a native of Fairfax, Virginia and is currently regarded as Rivals.com’s No. 58 player in the 2015 national class. Howard, who attends basketball powerhouse Paul VI High School, missed his entire junior season this year after tearing his ACL last July.
As a player, Howard is long and lanky and can play both guard spots and could be groomed to be a tall point guard at Syracuse, similar to the development of former Orange star Michael Carter-Williams.
Howard joins two fellow four-star prospects in forward Tyler Lydon and shooting guard Malachi Richardson to form Syracuse’s 2015 recruiting class.
(H/T: CSN Baltimore)
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4