Apr 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Several members of Arizona had decisions to make regarding their future following a season that ended with an appearance in the Elite 8.
While Kaleb Tarczewski, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Brandon Ashley announced they would all return to school, giving the Wildcats another talented front court next season, starters Aaron Gordon and Nick Johnson declared for the 2014 NBA Draft.
For the 6-foot-9 Gordon this had been an expected since he arrived on campus as one of the more talked about freshmen in the country. In his lone collegiate season, Gordon averaged 12.4 points and 8.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.0 blocks per game. He is projected as the No. 8 overall pick according to DraftExpress.com.
Johnson will forgo his senior season after being named the Pac-12 Conference Player of the Year and a second team All-American, leading Arizona in scoring at 16.3 points in addition to his 4.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game. Despite his success this season and improvement made in his career, Johnson is on the outside looking in as far as the first round is concerned. He’s currently projected as the No. 48 overall pick by Draft Express.
“He’s made a meteoric improvement across the board in his time at Arizona, and that stems from his unbelievable attitude. Nick, his family and our staff came together and we think it’s appropriate that he moves on to the next level,” Arizona head coach Sean Miller said on Tuesday. “When you’re a first-team All-American, it speaks volumes to your talent. He leaves Arizona with my complete support and I have no doubt that he’s going to be successful at the next level.”
Feb 26, 2015, 10:29 PM EST
Who were the winners and the losers on the bubble on Thursday?
Feb 26, 2015, 9:59 PM EST
Michigan State fouled three-point shooters on two separate occasions late in regulation, and it set the stage for an overtime loss at home.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:17 PM EST
Tate scored a career-high 22 points Thursday night, and his move into the starting lineup has helped Ohio State.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Five year-old Nicholas Wince spent the entire day with West Virginia prior to their win over Texas, signing a National Letter of Intent as well.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
Without Jordan McLaughlin, USC will have to rely on Julian Jacobs at the point in their final two regular season games.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
In addition to a ruptured plantar fascia suffered in a loss to Florida in late-January, Ricky Tarrant also needs to undergo a procedure on his left knee.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Boeheim doesn’t seem pleased about the ruling.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
This borders on criminal.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:37 PM EST
There aren’t many surprises here.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
SMU will also be making a trip to visit Memphis.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
This is incredible.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
These are more understated than recent adidas uniforms.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
Chris Jones was dismissed from the team on Sunday.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:38 AM EST
And No. 2 Virginia limited Wake Forest to 21.8% shooting without two starters.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
The Duke defense is the biggest red flag on any true contender.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Scott Drew’s Bears went on an 18-4 second half run to take control of the game, hitting six three-pointers.
Feb 25, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
Here are Wednesday’s bubble winners and losers.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby also notes that the conference is having conversations regarding possible protocols for situations in which fans rush the court.
Feb 25, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
The CBI becomes the second postseason event to announce that it will use a 30-second shot clock this spring.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)