Apr 15, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
UC Irvine 7-foot-6 center Mamadou Ndiaye scored 8.0 points, grabbed 6.2 rebounds and blocked 3.1 shots per game, setting a Big West Conference record with 98 rejections.
The native of Senegal helped the Anteaters reach the NIT this season, but on Tuesday night he was on loan to the school’s baseball team, throwing out the first pitch. If he had thrown the pitch from the mound he would have stood 8-feet tall.
Definitely a ball, but not a bad first pitch. Also I don’t play him for not using the glove:
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 3
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 5
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 60
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (63)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)