Apr 15, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
UC Irvine 7-foot-6 center Mamadou Ndiaye scored 8.0 points, grabbed 6.2 rebounds and blocked 3.1 shots per game, setting a Big West Conference record with 98 rejections.
The native of Senegal helped the Anteaters reach the NIT this season, but on Tuesday night he was on loan to the school’s baseball team, throwing out the first pitch. If he had thrown the pitch from the mound he would have stood 8-feet tall.
Definitely a ball, but not a bad first pitch. Also I don’t play him for not using the glove:
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)