Apr 16, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
After averaging 4.4 points and 1.9 rebounds per game in two seasons at Northwestern, sophomore wing Kale Abrahamson made the decision to transfer shortly after the end of the 2013-14 season. And the Iowan has found a new home, as he’s decided to transfer to Drake according to a report by Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
In the story Abrahamson cited the fact that Drake head coach Ray Giacoletti was “on me from Day 1″ after he made the decision to leave Northwestern.
After averaging 4.9 points per game as a freshman Abrahamson’s scoring dropped down to 3.8 points per game as a sophomore, with his best offensive performance coming in Northwestern’s 95-79 loss to UCLA in late November. In 30 minutes of action Abrahamson scored a career-high 19 points, making seven of his 12 shots from the field (5-for-10 3PT).
Abrahamson will have two seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2014-15 campaign per NCAA transfer rules. He joins an incoming class that includes signees Ore Arogundade, C.J. Rivers and Casey Schlatter. Drake loses two wing players after next season in Chris Caird (8.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg) and Trevor Berkeley (4.6, 2.5).
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)