Apr 16, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Egor Koulechov is headed to Rice, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Koulechov played 14.0 minutes per game for Arizona State as a freshman last season, averaging 3.7 points. He played major minutes early in the season, but only saw more than eight minutes once after January 12th and didn’t play in six of the games.
Koulechov will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have three years of eligibility left.
Koulechov is a native of Russia that moved to Israel at the age of seven. The 6-foot-5 guard plays for the Israeli national teams during the summers.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0