Apr 16, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Egor Koulechov is headed to Rice, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Koulechov played 14.0 minutes per game for Arizona State as a freshman last season, averaging 3.7 points. He played major minutes early in the season, but only saw more than eight minutes once after January 12th and didn’t play in six of the games.
Koulechov will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have three years of eligibility left.
Koulechov is a native of Russia that moved to Israel at the age of seven. The 6-foot-5 guard plays for the Israeli national teams during the summers.
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 0
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)