Apr 16, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Egor Koulechov is headed to Rice, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Koulechov played 14.0 minutes per game for Arizona State as a freshman last season, averaging 3.7 points. He played major minutes early in the season, but only saw more than eight minutes once after January 12th and didn’t play in six of the games.
Koulechov will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have three years of eligibility left.
Koulechov is a native of Russia that moved to Israel at the age of seven. The 6-foot-5 guard plays for the Israeli national teams during the summers.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)