Apr 16, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Egor Koulechov is headed to Rice, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Koulechov played 14.0 minutes per game for Arizona State as a freshman last season, averaging 3.7 points. He played major minutes early in the season, but only saw more than eight minutes once after January 12th and didn’t play in six of the games.
Koulechov will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have three years of eligibility left.
Koulechov is a native of Russia that moved to Israel at the age of seven. The 6-foot-5 guard plays for the Israeli national teams during the summers.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)