Apr 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Butler transfer Rene Castro has found a new home as the 6-foot-2 guard will be enrolling at Duquesne next season, according to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Castro will sit out the 2014-2015 season and have three years of eligibility left.
Castro was the Massachusetts State Player of the Year and a three-star recruit, but he enrolled at Butler with the intention of playing for Brad Stevens after being recruited by Matthew Graves. Graves is now at South Alabama and Stevens has since taken the head coaching gig with the Boston Celtics.
Castro played just 8.8 minutes as a freshman, averaging 3.3 points in a 14-17 season for the Bulldogs.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)