Apr 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Butler transfer Rene Castro has found a new home as the 6-foot-2 guard will be enrolling at Duquesne next season, according to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Castro will sit out the 2014-2015 season and have three years of eligibility left.
Castro was the Massachusetts State Player of the Year and a three-star recruit, but he enrolled at Butler with the intention of playing for Brad Stevens after being recruited by Matthew Graves. Graves is now at South Alabama and Stevens has since taken the head coaching gig with the Boston Celtics.
Castro played just 8.8 minutes as a freshman, averaging 3.3 points in a 14-17 season for the Bulldogs.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)