Apr 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Butler transfer Rene Castro has found a new home as the 6-foot-2 guard will be enrolling at Duquesne next season, according to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Castro will sit out the 2014-2015 season and have three years of eligibility left.
Castro was the Massachusetts State Player of the Year and a three-star recruit, but he enrolled at Butler with the intention of playing for Brad Stevens after being recruited by Matthew Graves. Graves is now at South Alabama and Stevens has since taken the head coaching gig with the Boston Celtics.
Castro played just 8.8 minutes as a freshman, averaging 3.3 points in a 14-17 season for the Bulldogs.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)