Apr 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Butler transfer Rene Castro has found a new home as the 6-foot-2 guard will be enrolling at Duquesne next season, according to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Castro will sit out the 2014-2015 season and have three years of eligibility left.
Castro was the Massachusetts State Player of the Year and a three-star recruit, but he enrolled at Butler with the intention of playing for Brad Stevens after being recruited by Matthew Graves. Graves is now at South Alabama and Stevens has since taken the head coaching gig with the Boston Celtics.
Castro played just 8.8 minutes as a freshman, averaging 3.3 points in a 14-17 season for the Bulldogs.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)