Apr 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Butler transfer Rene Castro has found a new home as the 6-foot-2 guard will be enrolling at Duquesne next season, according to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Castro will sit out the 2014-2015 season and have three years of eligibility left.
Castro was the Massachusetts State Player of the Year and a three-star recruit, but he enrolled at Butler with the intention of playing for Brad Stevens after being recruited by Matthew Graves. Graves is now at South Alabama and Stevens has since taken the head coaching gig with the Boston Celtics.
Castro played just 8.8 minutes as a freshman, averaging 3.3 points in a 14-17 season for the Bulldogs.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)